TWRP recovery is a well-known name among the developer community of Android. By providing a better recovery mode interface TWRP has made a lot of things easy to do. The third-party recovery for Android comes with a lot more additions. This includes a better backup option, ability to easily remove bloatware, ability to easily flash new updates, and a lot more.
Huawei is well-known as a Chinese brand which gained a lot of popularity within a short period of time. The one thing which boosted their success in the market is nothing but the devices with great value for money. The Honor series from Huawei has a good lineup of devices which gained a good amount of sales in the market. The year of 2017 was the best year so far for Huawei. With some good devices, they have grown as an important smartphone manufacturer. The Honor 8 Pro is one of the important launch from Huawei in the year of 2017.
Huawei launched Honor 8 Pro in April 2017. The device comes with a 5.7-inch display with a pixel density of 515 PPI. Under the hood, the device is powered by a 1.8 GHz octa-core Kirin 960 processor paired with a 6 GB RAM promising to deliver best of performance. An internal storage of 64 GB that can be expanded up to 256 GB using a microSD. Coming into the camera, a 12 MP sensor at the rear and an 8MP sensor at the front is provided. In this guide, we will walk you through the steps to root honor 8 pro and install TWRP.
There are some things to be noted before you install TWRP on Honor 8 Pro.
- Developer options should be enabled on the device
- Bootloader should be unlocked
- A minimum of 50% battery charge
- Backup all important data
- adb fastboot tool on your PC
Steps to install TWRP on Honor 8 Pro
- Download and move the TWRP image file onto the same folder of adb
- Open command by clicking shift key + right mouse button
- Connect your device to PC
- Enter the command adb reboot bootloader on to the command window to boot into fastboot mode
- Flash the TWRP image file by entering the command fastboot flash recovery TWRP_3.1.1.img
- Reboot the device by using the command fastboot reboot
Steps to root Honor 8 Pro
- Download the SuperSu file and move it to the device external storage
- Power off the device
- Boot the device into TWRP recovery mode by pressing and holding the power button and volume up button
- Tap on install
- Choose the downloaded flashable file
- Swipe the button to start flashing
- Wipe Dalvik cache
- When the process is completed reboot the device
- Download Phh Superuser App from playstore
Hope you are clear with the guide. If you have any queries or feedback leave a comment below.