Some of you guys might have heard about the issues which are related to Insignia TV. If you don’t know what Insignia TV is, it is a US TV brand owned and operated by the retail giant Best Buy. The brand offers several TVs in the budget segment, which come in different sizes and specifications. These include TVs with small screens, big TVs which support 4K HDR, and some even come with Amazon Fire TV integration. Insignia TVs are best if you consider buying a new TV and are on a tight budget. Let’s troubleshoot Insignia TV:
Must See: How to Cast on Insignia TV
Insignia TV – Introduction
However, do note that you will not get the same picture quality that you get from high-end brands like Samsung, Sony, LG, and other brands. As said, most users buy this if they are on a tight budget or if they are looking for a secondary TV. The Insignia TV that integrates Amazon Fire TV is one that most consumers prefer. The cheapest one with Fire TV costs around USD 120 for the 24-inch variant. At the same time, the pricing of the TV without the Fire TV integration starts at USD 80 for the 19-inch variant.
And the pricing of the top-end model, which has 4K, starts at USD 399 for the 55-inch variant. Do note these prices are of the minor size TV of that specific model. It is pretty cheap compared to other TVs. Like all TVs, Insignia TVs also face many issues. One of those is that the TV might stop working after a long hour of usage. Most issues found on these TVs are related to cable connections, video input settings, and other related settings. As you guessed, there are various solutions for all issues which you face. We are here with the most common problems that most users face and the solutions for these problems.
Fix Issues on Insignia TV
How to troubleshoot ‘No Picture’ Mode?
Some of you guys may encounter the error no picture on your Insignia TV. Even though the audio will be playing, the picture will be not be displayed. Follow the below-mentioned instructions and check if it solves your issue.
- Make sure to try another channel to check if the problem is with your TV or the channel. If it works by switching, then that specific channel might be experiencing problems.
- Also, make sure that your antenna or cable TV connection is appropriately connected to your TV.
- Hold on to the Picture key to shift to a different picture mode and check if it solves your problem.
- Another probable reason could be because of the video cables which you are using. Change the cables and try it yourself.
If the above-said solutions don’t work for you, try performing the steps mentioned below.
- Select the Menu button on your Insignia TV’s remote.
- Then, scroll to the right and tap on Channels.
- Now, scroll down until you find Audio only option. It will have the description Play the audio with the picture turned off.
- Switch the settings to Off if the same is turned On.
- After doing this, unplug your TV for at least two or three minutes.
- Once you have unplugged, make sure to disconnect all the devices from the TV.
- Now, plug it back and turn it on and check if the issue has been solved or not.
If the issue isn’t solved even after following all the steps mentioned above, you might be required to replace the display. As said above, if you can only hear audio from the TV, take a bright light and face it towards the screen. If the image can be seen, then the lighting element in the screen might have some issues.
Since the Insignia TVs are a self-contained unit and most minor parts cannot be replaced, it would be required to replace the entire screen. However, replacing your TV would be less expensive than replacing just the screen. If you can’t see the image, you might have to replace two things or either the lamp or the Light Sensor. In short, replacing parts isn’t ideal, replacing your TV would be better.
How to troubleshoot the ‘No Signal’ issue?
Some users report that sometimes there is No signal error which is displayed on their TV screen. We are here with different instructions by which you guys can resolve the issue.
- First, tap on the INPUT key and make sure that you have chosen the correct input for the device you are currently using with the TV.
- Further, if you use either a cable or satellite box, make sure to use the remote that came with that box. Then only, you might be able to change channels.
How to fix the ‘Picture doesn’t fit in the screen’ issue?
Some users report that the picture doesn’t fit on the screen of their Insignia TV. The reason for this is that the Picture is either too big or too small for the screen. You can troubleshoot Insignia TV by changing the relevant settings. Follow the below-mentioned steps to change the same.
- For this, first press the start button on the Roku remote.
- Now, scroll down until you find the picture size option. You can scroll by using the up and down arrows.
- Then, tap on the picture size and now choose a new size. If the picture is too small, then make sure to choose a larger size and vice versa. That is, if the size of the picture is too large, then choose a smaller size.
How to troubleshoot the ‘No audio’ problem?
Some users may face the issue that the audio doesn’t play while the picture appears without any issues. Follow the instructions to bypass the Insignia TV issue.
- Make sure to check whether your TV is on mute. If it is, then turn off the same.
- Also, do check the volume of your TV. If it is low, then increase it according to your preferences. To increase, you can use the remote by using relevant keys.
- Another thing to note is that make sure that no headphones are being connected to your TV.
- If the above steps didn’t work, try changing your TV into a different audio mode.
- Further, if you have connected a home theatre system, soundbar, or any external speaker system connected to your TV using a digital audio cable, then make sure to choose Digital Audio Format / Audio Delay on the Audio menu. After this, make sure to choose the Audio Format as PCM.
- Also, make sure that the audio cables are correctly connected to your TV. Further, check if there are any issues with the wire of cable TV.
Note that if your antenna and the signal strength are low, adjust the antenna or use a highly directional outdoor or set-top antenna that comes with a built-in amplifier. If your issue isn’t solved even after completing all the above steps, then try power-cycling your Insignia TV. By power-cycling, it means to turn the TV off and to unplug it for several minutes. It will also serve the purpose of resetting the TV.
How to fix the ‘No Signal or Video Distorted’ issue while using an HDMI cable?
There were reports that the TV doesn’t display even after connecting the HDMI cable. Perform an HDMI rest by following the steps to easily troubleshoot Insignia TV:
- For this, first, unplug your TV and all other connected devices.
- Now, disconnect all the HDMI cables, make sure to disconnect from both ends and then reconnect them.
- Finally, plug in your TV and other devices to the power. Wait at least one minute after connecting the HDMI cable but before plugging in the TV to power.
The reason behind distorted pictures while connected via HDMI is the incorrect resolution of your PC. Make sure to change the resolution by right-clicking the desktop and choosing the Screen Resolution option. Set the resolution according to your laptop or Desktop.
How to fix Insignia TV not working, instead only red-light blinking issue?
Some users of the Insignia TV often face the error of the non-working of their TV. Instead, these users can only see a red light that blinks on their TV. There are different reasons for these red lights to blink. The main reason behind blinking is that there is some sort of power failure which your Insignia TV is facing. The probable failures of these TVs are either related to the internal fuses or their circuit boards.
If the red light is flashing, it denotes that your main power supply is failed. For your kind information, there are two power supplies for your TV. The first one is that which keeps the remote function alive continuously and is required to control your TV. And the other one is the one which required you to turn on your TV. To solve the problem, you can perform a power reset. Follow the below-mentioned steps to
- For this, first, unplug your TV from the power socket.
- After this, press and hold the power button for one or two minutes. Once you have done this, release the power button.
- And then plug your TV back into the power socket. After this, try turning the power back.
How to fix Insignia TV not connecting to your WIFI?
Some users report that their Insignia Roku TV isn’t connecting to their Wi-Fi. The reason behind this may be the outdated version of your Roku TV. For this, make sure that you have installed the latest Roku version on your TV. If you don’t know how to do this, tap on the Settings button. Then, choose System and tap on System Update, and then choose the Check Now option. If you are wondering how to update without Wi-Fi, connect to the internet via ethernet cable. Do note that you may have to use a USB to ethernet connector because these TVs don’t have an ethernet port.
Once you have updated to the latest Roku version, try connecting to your Wi-Fi once again. If the problem hasn’t been solved even after updating, try changing the default Wi-Fi network you used to connect. After changing the Wi-Fi network, try connecting again and check if it works for you or not. Even after this, if your TV isn’t connecting to your Wi-Fi, then try power cycling the TV. It may help to resolve your problem, for this follow the below-mentioned steps.
- For this, first, unplug the power cord from the rear of your TV.
- Make sure to disconnect all the cables between your TV and any connected devices.
- Then, after unplugging all the cables from your TV, wait for a few minutes.
- After this, connect your TV’s power cord back and reconnect any other devices you have disconnected earlier. Once you have connected, turn them back on.
- Even after power cycling, try resetting your Insignia TV to factory settings if the above steps don’t resolve your problem.
How to solve Wi-Fi connected, but no internet issue?
Some users report that even after connecting to their Wi-Fi, the Insignia TV shows that the internet isn’t available. The probable reason behind this may be the failure of your internet service provider. As said, in most cases, the no internet issue may be related to the internet service provider service. Connect your smartphone to Wi-Fi and conduct a speed test to check if your internet connection is stable. If your smartphone doesn’t show the speed or fails to connect to the website, then it is confirmed that your ISP (Internet Service Provider) issue.
Then contact your providers and ask them to fix the internet issues in your network. Always pick up a stable internet service provider rather than the providers who always face internet slow down. Another issue may be because of the exhaustion of your Wi-Fi pack. Once your pack has exhausted, your Wi-Fi will restrict your TV from connecting to the internet. The reason behind exhausting is because the Insignia TV requires a lot of data to stream channels, and your Wi-Fi may not have an unlimited pack. Do upgrade to a higher data pack or switch to an unlimited one.
Another issue may be the restrictive internet settings on your Wi-Fi. What are some WIFI’s which restrict the number of devices which can connect to it and data limit for each TV. Make sure to change these WIFI settings so that your TV can use more data. Another option is connecting your ethernet cable directly to your TV by using a USB to ethernet connector. As we mentioned in the earlier paragraph, the Insignia TV doesn’t have an ethernet port.
How to fix Insignia TV Input is blocked error?
Some users report that they face an error, and their Insignia TV shows that Insignia TV input is blocked. The reason behind this error is the parental controls. If you or your parents turn on parental control, the TV may restrict the input. And it will also show on the screen that the input is blocked. To remove parental controls on your Insignia TV, follow the below-mentioned instructions;
- For this, first, take the remote of your Insignia TV and press the Menu key.
- Now head to Setup and then choose the Parental option.
- You will be asked to enter the password. Do note that it will even ask for a password even if you haven’t set a password previously. You can enter 0000 to unlock, and sometimes you may be asked to change the password. Change to any four other digit numbers and continue the process.
- Head to Input Block, and if the same is blocked, click and unlock the same.
- After this, tap on the Exit to continue.
- Check if the problem has been solved or not.
How to control Insignia Roku TV without a Remote?
Ever thought of controlling your Insignia Roku TV when your remote runs of battery or you miss your remote accidentally? An app named Roku will allow the user to use his smartphone or tablet to control his Insignia smart TV. Please do note the fact that your smartphone and TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Also, only Roku TVs from the brand can be used with this app. After connecting to the same network, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- For this first, download and install the Roku app on your smartphone.
- Once installed, open the app and follow the instructions which appear on your screen.
- Now, tap on Devices and choose your Roku device.
- Then, tap on the Remote icon.
- That’s it; you can now use your smartphone as a remote to control your TV.
Even after performing a power reset doesn’t solve your problem, you may have to find the help of the service centre to fix the issue. The reason is that the issue can’t be fixed by yourself, because it requires help from experts. With this, we come to an end of this guide which helped to troubleshoot Insignia TV. Would you mind sharing the article with your friends and who use these TVs?