There are many member being launched into the S4 family. And they are pretty much focused on various things like performance, camera and etc. One new member launched is the Samsung Galaxy S4 active, which is pretty much like the S4, but as it is a variant there are slightly different specifications as compared to the Original member S4. In this post we will compare the S4 active to the HTC One. So have a look at the individual reasons below to choose either phone over the other.
HTC One vs S4 Active:
Reasons to Consider the HTC One :
Here are the reasons to consider the HTc One over the new member of the Galaxy S4 family, the S4 active.
- It is comparatively lighter than the S4 active, HTC One weighs around 143g while the S4 active weighs around 53g only.
- The pixel density of the screen is better on the HTC One, it has 469 ppi, while the S4 active only has a 441 ppi.
- It has more internal storage as compared to the Galaxy S4 Active. It comes with 32/64 GB of internal Storage, while the S4 active comes with 16 GB of internal memory.
- Yes the speakers have an “Beats Audio Enhancement”, which will give better audio performance than the speakers on the S4 active for sure.
- The front facing camera of the HTC One is slightly better. it is 2.1 Megapixel, while that on S4 active is 2.0 megapixel.
Reasons to Consider Samsung Galaxy S4 Active:
Here are the reasons to prefer the Samsung Galaxy S4 active, instead of the HTC One.
- The Samsung Galaxy S4 Active is comparatively thinner as compared to the HTC One. It is 9.1 mm while the HTC One is 9.3 mm.
- Also the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active is dust and water resistant, it is resistant to water upto 1 meter and 30 minutes approximately.
- It has a bigger display than the HTC One. It is 5.0 inches, while the HTc One has 4.7 inches of display only.
- It has a slot for expandable memory to 64GB. but the HTC One’s memory cannot be expanded througha Memory Card, though it has enough internal memory, but still a memory card slot is beneficial sometimes.
- It has a better camera, it has an 8 Megapixel Camera, while the HTC One has a 4 Ultra Pixel Camera. The camera resolution of S4 active is 3264X2448 and that of HTC One is 2688X1520 pixels only. So evidently the S4 active’s camera would produce more high definition results.
- It comes pre installed with Jelly Bean 4.2.2, while the HTC One comes with 4.1.2, thought the HTC One would be recieving an update soon.
- The processor on the active is better. It has a 1.9GHz Krait 300 Quad Core Processor, while the HTC One has 1.7 GHz Krait 300 Quad Core.
- The battery backup is more in S4 active as it has 2600 mAh battery, while the HTC One only has 2300mAh only.
For more similar comparisons head over the comparison module here.