At the beginning of 2022, Samsung officially announced the Galaxy S21 FE with a 6.4-inch display and Snapdragon 888 chipset. The phone boosts Android 12 OS out of the box with One UI 4.0 skin on top. In terms of camera, it houses a 12MP triple rear camera and a 32MP single front-facing camera. The device comes in three storage capacities of up to 256GB and 8GB RAM. Here we will list all the updates the company has released for the Galaxy S21 FE since its launch.
Note: The page will be updated in descending order (date-wise) with every build released for the Galaxy S21 FE.
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE Updates Tracker
- [October 12, 2022]: Samsung is cooking the latest OneUI 5.0 update for the Galaxy S21 FE behind closed doors. The Android 13 test builds have been spotted, and we expect a stable rollout by the end of November.
- [October 12, 2022]: Samsung is now releasing the October 2022 security patch for the Galaxy S21 FE in European countries. It arrives on firmware version G990BXXS2CVI5. Precisely, it is available in Austria, Croatia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Macedonia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the Czech Republic, the Netherlands, and the UK.
- [October 10, 2022]: Galaxy S21 FE is picking up a new software update on the firmware version G990USQS4CVI3. The build is rolling out in the US for Verizon carrier models with October 2022 security patch. Other than this, the update does not carry any more changes.
- [September 20, 2022]: Samsung Galaxy S21 FE carrier-locked variant in the US is receiving a September 2022 Security Patch. The firmware G990USQS4CVI1 is now available on Comcast and Xfinity Mobile networks in the US.
- [September 19, 2022]: Samsung is rolling out September 2022 Security Patch for the Galaxy S21 FE in Europe. The firmware version G990BXXU2CVH7 worth 600+ MB is rolling out in Netherlands and Belgium
- [September 8, 2022]: The Verizon-based Galaxy S21 FE is picking up a new update on the firmware version G990USQU3CVH8. The build carries the latest One UI 4.1.1 and other enhancements. Precisely, it brings the following features namely Private Share and Smart View. Also, the security patch level is maintained to August 2022.
- You can now edit names once files are shared through private sharing. Go to Private Share > select sent or received files > select the 3 dots for more options > select Edit name.
- Multi-View has been enhanced to fit your daily usage style. Select the Multi-View controls from the Smart View drop-down list. The Multi-View options window will appear
- [August 16, 2022]: Samsung Galaxy S21 FE on T-Mobile variant starts getting Android Security Patch August 2022 in the US. The update comes along with firmware version G990USQU3CVG1. The August 2022 security update includes many fixes that are related to Samsung DeX, Samsung Knox, improper access control, and MAC address leak via Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. The update also has some stability improvements also.
- [July 26, 2022]: The July 2022 security patch is now reaching out to the Galaxy S21 FE in more regions. This time, the update is rolling out in the USA for the Verizon carrier network on firmware version G990USQU3CVF7.
- [July 21, 2022]: The Galaxy S21 FE is receiving another update that bumps the security patch to July 2022. The build arrives on firmware version G990EXXU3CVG2, which is currently rolling out in India. Besides increasing the system security, the update improves the device’s stability. In addition, it enhances the performance of 12 Samsung stock apps, including Galaxy wearable, Samsung Pay, and more.
- [June 28, 2022]: Samsung has started rolling out a new update for the Galaxy S21 FE. Currently, the update is live in Europe, the same update that went live for the Asian and US units. The update comes with the build number G990BXXU2CVF1 and brings the June 2022 security patch. Apart from this, it also fixes 66 privacy and security vulnerabilities. It also fixes some general bugs and improves device stability. Check for updates regularly to receive the update notification.
- [June 27, 2022]: The June 2022 security patch for the Galaxy S21 FE is now available in the US with firmware version G990USQU3CVF1. The update is rolling out for the Comcast or Xfinity Mobile networks in the country. Also, it might bring some general bug fixes and device stability improvements as well.
- [June 16, 2022]: The Galaxy S21 FE is receiving a new software update in Thailand. The build packs the firmware version G990EXXU2CVF1 and integrates the June 2022 security patch.
- [May 17, 2022]: The May 2022 security patch update for the Galaxy S21 FE is reaching out to more regions. The build is rolling out in European and Asian markets with firmware versions G990BXXU2CVD9 and G990EXXU2CVDA respectively. Also, it might include some general bug fixes and device stability improvements as well.
- [May 13, 2022]: The Galaxy S21 FE is receiving a new update with May 2022 security patch. The update is available for the carrier-unlocked models in the US and it bears firmware version G990U1UES3CVD3.
- [April 6, 2022]: Samsung is releasing the April 2022 security patch update to the Galaxy S21 FE with firmware version G990USQS3CVC4. The build is currently rolling out to the carrier-locked models on Comcast’s network in the US, while other models could get it soon as well.
- [March 22, 2022]: The Galaxy S21 FE on T-Mobile’s network in the US is upgrading with firmware version G990USQU2CVC3. The update packs the new features of One UI 4.1 and enhances privacy by integrating March 2022 security patch. The build will roll out to other US carriers’ networks and more regions soon.
- [March 4, 2022]: The Exynos version of Galaxy S21 FE is acquiring the February 2022 Security Patch. The update is currently available in India through the firmware version G990EXXS1BVB8.
- [March 2, 2022]: The February 2022 Security Patch is extending to the Galaxy S21 FE units in Europe via firmware version G990BXXS1BVB3.
- [February 18, 2022]: The Galaxy S21 FE is getting February 2022 Security Patch via firmware version G990USQS2BVA4. The update is rolling out in the US on Comcast and T-Mobile’s networks.
- [January 17, 2022]: The current security maintenance is extending to the Galaxy S21 FE in the USA. The update arrives on build number G990U1UEU2BUL8 which is live for almost all the carrier networks including AT&T, Bluegrass Cellular, Comcast, C-Spire, Tracfone, T-Mobile, Verizon, and Xfinity Mobile
- [January 12, 2022]: Samsung is releasing the January 2022 security patch to the Galaxy S21 FE. The build arrives with the firmware version G990EXXU1BUL5 which is currently rolling out in Thailand.
Related: Galaxy Tab S6 Updates Tracker
The versions are spinning out in batches, thus, taking a while to reach all units. Alternatively, you can also head to Settings > Software updates to track the build manually. Also, make sure to switch over to a WiFi network to avoid carrier data charges.