The Moto Z2 Force, also known as Moto Z Force edition 2nd Generation, was the 2017 flagship smartphone of Motorola. The phone was launched with Android Nougat and was later updated to Android Oreo as well as Android Pie. It has been over 2 years since the phone made its debut, and hence it will not receive an Android update anymore. Therefore, if you are willing to root your Moto Z2 Force to bring a new life into it, then you have stumbled upon the right page on the internet. Because here in this post, we will guide you step by step on how to root Moto Z2 Force without any problem.
Before proceeding, have a look at all the pre-requisites and make sure to jump to guide only if you have all the things listed below.
Pre-requisites for rooting Moto Z2 Force
- Moto Z2 Force with an unlocked bootloader
- USB cable
- Windows PC / laptop
- ADB and fastboot drivers
- Moto Z2 Force drivers
- TWRP recovery for Moto Z2 Force
- Magisk installer
How to root Moto Z2 Force
- Remove lock screen password/pin/pattern and fingerprint data from the phone.
- Go to Settings -> System -> About Phone and tap seven times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Access the Developer options from System -> Advanced -> Developer options and enable USB debugging.
- Copy the Magisk Installer zip file to the phone and TWRP img file to the ADB and Fastboot(also known as platform-tools) directory on the computer.
- Connect the phone to the computer with the USB cable.
- Open PowerShell or Command Prompt window from the Fastboot and ADB directory.
- Type and enter adb reboot bootloader to reboot the phone into fastboot mode.
- Then type and execute the following command to install TWRP recovery on the phone. (This step is optional but it is always good to have a custom recovery installed)
fastboot flash recovery 'NAME_OF_TWRP_FILE'.img
- Once the process gets finished successfully, execute the below-given command to boot TWRP recovery on the phone.
fastboot boot 'NAME_OF_TWRP_FILE'.img
- As the device boots into TWRP recovery, go to Install and choose the Magisk zip file to proceed further.
- After the completion of the installation, select the reboot option in the recovery to reboot the phone.
- That is it, you have successfully rooted your Moto Z2 Force.
And that was the end of our guide on how to root Moto Z2 Force. If you have queries or doubts, feel free to drop them in the comment section below.