Google has prepared the Android 13 OS and is ready to kick off later this evening. Meanwhile, all the major smartphone brands have started releasing the Android 13 beta for their respective flagships. The list includes multiple devices, including the OnePlus 10 Pro, Xiaomi 12, 12 Pro, Mi Pad 5, and more. In the latest news, the Developer Preview Program is live for the Oppo Find X5 Pro.
Must see: Download Android Studio Chipmunk 2021.2.1
The announcement was made official by the company via a blog post. As you already know, the DP program is developed for certified developers and other early adopters, not for regular users.
To flash the firmware, make sure to take a backup of your data. To do so, visit Settings > System settings > Back-Up & migrate > Local backup > New backup. Thereafter, follow the below steps:
- Back up the data to the computer or cloud before upgrading;
- Download the Android 13 Developer Preview Upgrade Firmware Package and copy the Upgrade Firmware Package to the mobile phone storage root directory;
- Go to “Settings – About device – Version” and click on Build number 7 times;
- Go to “Settings – About device – Up to date – Click the top right button – Local install – Click the menu button in the top left corner”;
- Click on the phone series name below – Click on the corresponding rollback package at the bottom of the page – Extract;
- Wait for the extraction to finish and click “Install Now”;
- Wait for the phone to restart and successfully upgrade to the Android 13 Developer Preview version
Needless to say, the firmware will pack a bunch of bugs or glitches. Oppo has already mentioned some of these lags to beware the advanced users.
- Photos taken by the front camera may be displayed abnormally
- The retouch effect may not be displayed after adjusting Retouch in the rear camera’s PORTRAIT mode and taking photos
- The Camera may crash when taking photos in a dark environment
- The Compass may not display latitude and longitude
- Flashback may happen when switching on and off 5G
- Unable to display the usage of data
- Abnormal operation may happen after tapping the SIM application toolkit
- Bluetooth headset aac may have no sound
- The native browser may not open web pages
- After upgrading, the desktop may not display Bilibili and Amap
- Setting lock screen password will be required when accessing the desktop after flashing the build or resetting to factory settings
- Abnormal restart may happen after selecting “Restart now” in Capture logs
For more details and guidance, read the official blog post by Oppo.