Google is rolling out the Quarterly Platform Release, Android 13 QPR2 Beta 3 for eligible Pixel devices. The update brings several bug fixes, and optimizations to performance, and improves stability. Previously, Google released the Android 13 QPR2 Beta 2.1 with bug fixes and more. Then, Android 13 QPR2 brought the transient taskbar for smaller screens. Now, the Android 13 QPR2 Beta 3 fixes several issues such as stability issues, and some general issues for early access program members and developers. The Android 13 QPR2 Beta 3 has a T2B3.230109.002 build number and comes with January 2023 security patch level.
Must See: Android 14 to block installation of some outdated apps to prevent malware
Android 13 QPR2 Beta 3 Changelog
Developer-reported and user-reported issues
- Fixed an issue where notifications in a notification group were sometimes displayed with straight corners instead of rounded corners.
- Fixed an issue where the message in the notification shade that indicates an active VPN connection overlapped with the message about apps with active foreground services.
- Fixed an issue where the overflow menu couldn’t be accessed when editing Quick Settings tiles.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused a device with vibration enabled to vibrate for too long after it received a notification.
Other resolved issues
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused messaging apps to crash or fail to send notifications.
- Fixed a GPU issue that prevented apps from using certain visual effects.
- Fixed an issue where Quick Settings tiles for a work profile were not added after setting up a new device.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the Pixel launcher to crash when using the Search bar in the app drawer.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented a device from being unlocked using a pattern after the Google Assistant was activated.
- Fixed an issue in the com.android.qns system process that sometimes caused crashes.
- Fixed an issue with the Pixel launcher that prevented Chinese text input from being recognized when typing in the Search bar in the app drawer.
- Fixed an issue where when entering and exiting Picture-in-picture (PiP) mode from an app after changing the screen orientation, the system Settings app crashed with a “Settings keeps stopping” message and then the system Settings app couldn’t be opened.
- Fixed an issue with the System UI that sometimes caused it to crash from a null pointer exception.
- Fixed an issue where the connection status of a Bluetooth device sometimes did not match the actual device state.
- Fixed an issue where the Pixel launcher crashed when a user tapped a web search suggestion for a query term.
- Fixed an issue that caused status bar icons to overlap with the date text when font and display settings were set to their maximum level on a device.
How to get Android 13 QPR2 Beta 3?
If you are already enrolled in the Android 13 Beta and your device runs on a beta build version, you will receive an OTA update to the new/latest version. Certainly, you can install Android 13 QPR2 Beta 3 on any of the following Google Pixel devices: [Link]
- Pixel 4a and 4a (5G)
- Pixel 5 and 5a
- Pixel 6 and 6 Pro
- Pixel 6a
- Pixel 7 and 7 Pro
We Hope you’re already receiving the udapte, and enjoying the new changes on your Pixel devices.