After Nexus 4 edition of Android 4.3 Build Leaked couple of days, today its build for Galaxy S4 Play Edition also leaked via XDA. According to forum poster Jahon, it was build on July the 11th, and now it’s been re-packaged into a ROM which can be flashed via custom recovery.
It also appears as though it will work with GSM variants of the Galaxy S4 in the U.S. and Canada though we suggest holding off at this point. AS according to poster there are some new features which are as follows:
- Battery improvement. Drain issue reported to be improved.
- First initial charge is fast (unlike previous leak).
- Almost all TouchWiz framework removed.
- IMDB App reportedly working
- Dash Clock widget works
- Higher FPS
- No SELinux
- Wallet works without mods (Root must be disabled in SuperSU)
- Wireless charging works when powered off
Along with these features there are some bugs also like you will have issues with SIM Unlock and in order to use wallet you need to turn off the Super SU app.
Currently no official announcement of the Android 4.3 has been made but Google’s small press event is scheduled for 24th July. It is believed that Google is going to announce new version of the Android ecosystem and Nexus 7 2 is also expected to be announced.
For More: XDA, Android Police