Android 10 update for the Mi A2 has been rolled out months ago. The Android One backed smartphone by now received two major updates and maybe Android 11 is on the table. We’ve to wait for the official confirmation though. Nonetheless, if you’ve been in search of Android 10 update on your Mi A2 we’ve curated guide on how to download and install Android 10 on the device.
The guide can be useful for all those who haven’t yet updated to the Android 10 or coming from custom ROMs. So, let’s dive in!
Android 10 Update via OTA Updater
The best and safe way to get Android 10 update is from the software update section. If you’re on stock Android Pie firmware hit the software update section.
To update, go to Settings > System > Advanced > System Update and Check for updates manually.
Download and Flash Android 10 Fastboot Firmware via Mi Flash
This method can be adopted irrespective of the ROM that you’re currently running. However, make sure you’ve unlocked the bootloader before flashing the official fastboot ROM.
Mi A2 | Android 10 | V18.104.22.168.QDIMIXM: Download
Mi Flash Tool: Download
Once you’ve downloaded the fastboot firmware. Follow the below steps.
- Install Xiaomi flash tool on your Windows computer
- Extract the downloaded firmware in your computer
- Install Xiaomi USB drivers on your computer
- Boot your device into fastboot mode switching off the device and
pressing Power On button + Volume Down button for few seconds
- You will see MIUI bunny when it is in fastboot mode
- Now, connect your smartphone to the computer using a USB cable
- Windows will install all the necessary USB drivers
- Open Xiaomi Mi Flash tool
- Go to”Select” option and locate the fastboot ROM file
- Click flash
Wait for the flash to complete. Your device will reboot once the flashing completes. That’s it, you have the latest Android 10 firmware on your Mi A2. In case if you need further assistance, do hit the comment section.