YouTube is an American online video-sharing app that is now owned by Google. YouTube is also one of the best and free streaming platforms available for all users. Most people around the world are spending a lot of time watching different types of content. That said, it is available for every operating system, be it Android, Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Linux, and others. However, some Android users face a weird type of issue with the YouTube app. Most of them face an issue where the YouTube application automatically pauses the videos.
Must See: YouTube Music widget gets inspired by new Material You design
Imagine while you are watching your favorite show or news and suddenly the app pauses playing. Indeed, you will be disturbed because it is weird when you watch a video in a flow and suddenly lose the flow. There will be many reasons for the issue which we will discuss in the article. A few of them are the poor network speeds, headphone jack, outdated YouTube app, lack of storage, and many more. We will get into the detail of these issues and the solutions in this article.
Try clearing the Cache of the YouTube application!
One of the reasons behind the YouTube keeps pausing issue may be the cache of the YouTube application. The cache increases after we use the app every day over some time. That is, when the cache increases on your smartphone, the application may work slowly. The cache comes from your last played video or while you use the app. But it does not record your activity in the application. Cached data can prevent your YouTube videos from loading, and that’s why it is important to clear up the Cache, and YouTube will play videos without any pauses. To clear the cache of the YouTube application, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- For this first, navigate to the Settings on your Android smartphone. Then, head to Application Manager or Apps & Notifications. It may vary according to your device.
- Now choose the YouTube application from the list of applications.
- Then tap on the Storage option, and you will be greeted with two options. That is the Clear Cache and Clear Data options.
- Tap on the Clear Cache option and then click on OK to clear cached data of your YouTube application.
That’s all, and now you will no longer face the YouTube keeps pausing issues on your Android smartphone. Once it is completed, open the YouTube application and check whether the issue has been solved on your Android device. If the above method doesn’t solve your issue, follow the other solutions given below.
Try to clear up some storage on your Android device!
Another reason behind the YouTube keeps pausing issue on Android is may be due to the insufficient storage in your smartphone. So, it will be better to free some storage. That is, there will be some apps which you are not using. You can save space by uninstalling them. To uninstall those applications, follow these steps on your Android device;
- For this first, head to Settings on your mobile phone.
- Now, tap on the Apps menu and choose the Application Manager option.
- After this, tap on the applications which you don’t use. To remove those apps, Tap on the Uninstall option.
- Once it is done, reboot your Android smartphone.
- Now, open the YouTube application to check if the issue has been eliminated or not.
You can also free up some storage by clearing the cache storage of other applications. Apart from increasing storage, it will also improve the performance of your smartphone. If the issue isn’t solved by performing the above steps, try following the other solutions.
Make sure to disable the ‘Remind me to take a break’ feature on the YouTube application!
In recent years, YouTube has included a lot of features with the YouTube application. Some of you might have turned on the Remind me to take a break feature on your YouTube app. One of the common reasons behind the YouTube keeps pausing issue is the same Remind me to take a break feature. It is a feature that allows the videos to pause automatically while playing. Say, for example, if you have set the limit to 20 minutes, the app would automatically force close after 20 minutes. Once you reach the time limit set by yourself, the app forces a stop. You can set a limit anywhere between 15 minutes to 3 hours. If you want to turn off the Remind me to take a break feature, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- For this, first, open the YouTube application on your Android device.
- Then navigate to Settings on the YouTube app.
- After this, click on the General menu.
- Now turn off the toggle which you can see near the Remind me to take a break feature.
- Once you turn off the feature, YouTube won’t force you to stop suddenly. Now one will be available to stream without any restrictions.
Make sure to update the YouTube app on your device regularly!
Most Android smartphone users are reluctant to update their smartphones and applications. One of the reasons behind this is the lack of internet. That is, most individuals are limited to 1.5GB or 2GB of internet on a daily basis. Like you know, updating apps and your device will solve your problems. If you are encountering the YouTube keeps pausing issue, updating the YouTube app might fix the issue. To update the YouTube app on your Android device, follow the below-mentioned steps;
- For this, open the Google Play Store app on your device.
- Now, search for YouTube in the search bar and tap on it.
- Once it is done, choose the Update option. Now, wait for a few minutes for the app to be updated.
Once updated, check if the issue still exists. If it doesn’t solve it, try uninstalling all the updates of YouTube on your phone. Then try updating it again and check if the issue has been fixed or not. If you don’t know how to do it, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- For this, navigate to the Settings app on your Android device.
- Tap on the Application Manager and search for the YouTube app.
- Once you find it, tap on the same to continue.
- Now select the Uninstall option, which will remove all the updates of YouTube on your Android device.
- Once it is done, follow the steps mentioned in the first part to update the app again.
Fix Bad network connection.
Another reason which is popular behind YouTube keeps pausing is the problem of your network. As we said, most mobile internet connections have been slow ever since the pandemic started. YouTube also recommends a certain network speed for streaming videos. If you have an internet connection with at least 2Mbps, you can watch videos without any issues in 480p resolution. If your speed is below this, try updating your internet connection. Some of you may have Wi-Fi at your home and still face issues with your networks, try restarting your Wi-Fi. Since most of them don’t turn off the router, it would be better to restart it once in a while.
That is, if your modem is operating for a long period, modems and routers will start sending broken signals. These will decrease the internet speed of your modem. Another reason behind it will be the high bandwidth of usage. If your Wi-Fi is shared with many people or you have any intense downloading tasks in the background. Also, make sure to close all apps while watching YouTube on your smartphone. Even after doing this, if it doesn’t solve your problem, try upgrading your network connection.
Fix Headphone Jack
Another reason might be the issue related to your headphone jack. Try changing your wired headphone or clean the jack once in a while. As you know, the jack is kept open all the time, so it is easy for dust particles to enter it. Even though one can clean the jack himself, it would be better to get it done by a service technician. It can also happen if your headphone doesn’t fit into your headphone jack completely. YouTube videos will keep pausing and playing if it isn’t properly plugged.
These are the different solutions available to you guys for rectifying the YouTue keeps pausing issue. If it solves for you, then make sure to share the article with your friends looking for a solution to solve the same issue.