As Jelly bean 4.1.1 is already on some variants of galaxy S3 but some still are in queue. But these will soon be updated. Today Vodafone Australia announced that Jelly bean update is coming to Samsung Galaxy S3 in Australia on November 26th. Update will be OTA and Kies Software after 1:00 PM so only few days are left.
Here is chagelog about what you will get, fixed and added:
- Update to Android Jelly Bean 4.1.1
- Update to Google Mobile Services v4.1 r2
- Updates to included Samsung applications
- Introduction of ‘Help’ application
- New Samsung widgets available
- Android Beam is now integrated into S Beam
- Added ‘Simple’ and ‘Easy’ home screen modes
- Introduction of ‘Blocking Mode’ function in the settings menu
- ‘Add Account’ menu moved to sub-menu of ‘Accounts and Sync’
- Notifications shade UI has been refreshed
- Lockscreen menu separated from security menu
- Modem patch from chip vendor
- Addresses an issue where the LED indicator would flash when function was disabled
Vodafone stated that all the Australian users of the SGS3 will be able to apply the Android 4.1.1 OS within 14 days of the initial release, which is not bad at all..
Additionally, Telstra and Optus already have jelly Bean for LTE Galaxy S3.
Source: Vodafone Australia