On June 25, Xiaomi launched its slimmest smartphone, i.e., the Mi 11 Lite, in India. They had launched the 4G version in the country to keep its price low. The brand has pushed a stable MIUI 12.5 update for the device. It comes with many new features, bug fixes, and also August security patch. Here is the changelog of the latest update.
Mi 11 Lite 4G changelog
- New: Response to gestures is now instant.
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- Optimization: Updated Android Security Patch to August 2021. Increased system security.
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- Also New Dynamic layouts bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- And New Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- All-new Notes.
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
As said, the update comes with a new security patch, i.e., the latest August 2021 patch. The security patch will improve the security of your device. It also comes with a couple of new features like an all-new notes app. The notes app now has many new features like a gesture shortcut, the ability to add images, new doodles, and much more. Xiaomi also has optimized the MIUI so that it is now lighter. The brand has informed us that the update will be pushed via OTA (Over the Air) for a random Mi 11 Lite. A broader rollout will start in the upcoming days. Head to Settings and then to About Phone to check if the update has reached your device. If you want to install the update right away, follow the below-mentioned steps.
Download and install the update on your Mi 11 Lite 4G (India)
- Device: Mi 11 Lite 4G India
- Codename: #courbet
- Type: Stable Beta Recovery
- Version: V184.108.40.206.RKQINXM | 11.0
- Size: 2.9 GB
- MD5: ab17538bd037249c7e945c7f5f44bc7d
- Download Link: Click here for full ROM
Once you have downloaded the update file, move the update to the root storage of your device. Now head to Settings and choose About Phone and select the MIUI Version option. From here, tap on the three-dot icon, seen on the top right corner. Then, tap on Choose Update Package and click on the downloaded recovery ROM. Your device will start updating once the update package is verified. If the process has ended, your device will perform a restart, and you are good to go. Would you mind sharing the article with your fellow Mi 11 Lite users?