Mi CC9 is another Xiaomi’s value for money smartphones. It provides some interesting features at a very good price. Launched in July 2019, the device came with MIUI 10 based on Android 9.0 out of the box. Last year received the MIUI 11 based on Android 10, and now the device is getting MIUI 12.5 stable update. It is only available in China.
The new MIUI 12.5 update brings in addition of some tweaks and additions to the MIUI 12. The updated version V126.96.36.199.RFCCNXM is available via both OTA and recovery ROM. It brings the stereo sound system, nature-based notifications sounds, and much more. The complete change-log is provided below with links for the ROM.
MIUI 12.5. Yours alone.
- Response to gestures is now instant.
- With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- Updated Android Security Patch to May 2021. Increased system security.
- A new animation framework renders movement more realistically.
- New UI design is focused on visualization and making your interaction with the device more lifelike.
- Nature mix is a new exciting way of creating your own notification sound system.
- Hundreds of system sounds represent animals from all around the world.
- Stereo system sounds.
- Now you can see what apps access your clipboard and control access.
- Using approximate location adds up points to privacy protection.
- You can now manage sensitive permissions and related app behavior independently.
- The behavior of web pages is also tracked now, which helps you to block unwanted and malicious actions.
- Now it’s up to you who and when can track your online behavior.
- All apps now come with a security statement from GetApps.
- Privacy risk scanner.
- Control which apps access and delete items from your Gallery.
- A comprehensive overview of all sensitive permissions.
- You’ll be notified whenever high-risk permissions are used and will be able to block the corresponding actions.
Optimization: An all-new privacy protection page.
- Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New tools for doodling and sketching.
- Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- Dynamic layouts make bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- All-new Notes.
- Instant messengers now support floating windows.
- Floating windows can be quickly replaced with fullscreen versions of the apps.
- App flashcards Show key info when apps are displayed as floating windows.
*Learn more about new features in “Special features”.
- Convert images to PDF.
- The password manager allows you to store passwords in the cloud.
- You can share device location with other people in your family sharing group.
- Location information can be recorded automatically before the device powers off.
- A more convenient way to move a cursor using the scrollbar.
- Function buttons support switching between languages and keyboards.
- You can press and hold the function buttons to access more features.
- Custom themes for keyboards.
- Font weight adjustment options for third-party fonts.
- Personalization features for system wallpapers, animations, and sounds.
- Wallpaper customization in the lite mode.
- Redesigned Incognito mode.
- Pages load much faster now.