The next smartphones to join the long list of MIUI 12.5 Enhanced Edition update by Xiaomi are the Pro variants of Redmi K40. The Redmi K40 Pro and Redmi K40 Pro+ were launched this year in February with Android 11 based MIUI 12 out of the box.
Make sure to visit: Specs Comparison – Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 Pro vs Apple iPad Mini 6
The latest update for the Redmi K40 Pro & K40 Pro+ is bundled with the firmware version V188.8.131.52.RKKCNXM weighing 3.8 GB in size. The Android 11 based package is currently rolling out in its home country China. But it could soon reach out to other regions in the upcoming week.
The MIUI MIUI 12.5 Enhanced is a minor upgrade over the MIUI 12.5 Android customized skin by Xiaomi. Though the new version does not carry any major changes, it ensures that the user gets a smooth experience by adding four optimizations— Focused algorithms, Liquid storage, Atomized memory, and Smart balance
- MIUI12.5 Enhanced
- Swift performance: More life between the charges.
- Focused algorithms: Our new algorithms will dynamically allocate system resources based on specific scenes, ensuring a smooth experience on all models.
- Atomized memory: Ultra-fine memory management mechanism will make RAM usage more efficient.
- Liquid storage: New sensitive storage mechanisms will keep your system vibrant and responsive as time goes by.
- Smart balance: Core system improvements allow your device to make the best of the flagship hardware specs.
The OTA update is rolling out in phases and will hit every device over the next few days.