The Asus manufactured Google’s next Generation Nexus which has been in the leaks, news, mentions everywhere in the past couple of weeks. It has gathered all the limelight that it needed too. So as the device has been officially rolled out, with the exact specifications it is being compared to the other tablet rivals for it in the market, and one such rival is iPad 3. So here is a short comparison of New Nexus 7 vs iPad 3.
Reasons to consider the iPad 3:
Well, here are the reasons to still consider the iPad 3 over the New Generation Nexus that was launched a couple of days ago.
- The iPad 3 has a larger display as compared to the New Generation Nexus 7. The iPad has 9.7 inches of display while the nexus 7 has only 7.0 inches.
- The pixel density f the display of iPad 3 is better than the Asus Google Nexus 7 2. iPad 3 has a resolution of about 1536X2048 pixels while the Nexus 7 has a resolution of 1200X1920 pixels.
- The iPad 3 has an options for 16/32/64 GB internal memory version, while the Nexus 7 only comes with 16 and 32 GB versions.
- It has a better battery backup. The iPad 3 has a giant battery pack of about 11,560 mAh power, while the nexus 7 has a battery pack with 3950 mAh of power.
Reasons to consider the New Generation Nexus 7:
Here are the reasons to consider the New Generation Nexus 7 over the iPad 3.
- It is considerably lighter. Nexus 7 weighs about 290g while the iPad 3 weighs about 652 grams.
- The Nexus 7 is also slimmer as compared to the iPad 3. The Nexus 7 is 8.7 mm while the iPad 3 is 9.4 mm.
- The pixel density of disaply of the nexus 7 is more than the iPad 3. The Nexus 7 has a pixel density of about 323 ppi, while the pixel density of iPad 3 is only264 ppi.
- The Nexus 7 has more RAM than the iPad 3. The Google Nexus 7 has a 2GB of RAM while the iPad3 has only 1 GB of RAM.
- The secondary camera on the Nexus 7 is better than that of the iPad 3. The Nexus 7 has a 1.2 MP of front facing camera while the iPad 3 has a VGA front facing camera.
- The processor on the Nexus 7 is much much more powerful than that on the iPad 3. The Nexus 7 has a Quad Core 1.5 Ghz krait processor while the iPad 3 has a Dual Core 1 GHz Cortex A9 processor.
So these were the reasons to consider the New Nexus 7 over the old iPad 3. Also to mention that Nexus 7 has been made available with the previous price tag only, even with such hardware improvements. So what out of these would you choose and why ?