OnePlus launched the Nord sub-brand to launch mid-range and budget smartphones. OnePlus N200 was a budget phone from the brand that sits under the $250 segment. It was even offered for $99 during Black Friday deals. OnePlus only provides a single update to the OnePlus N200 smartphone since it’s a budget smartphone. Since the OnePlus N200 ran on Android 11 out of the box, it will get only the Android 12 update. In the first week of June, OnePlus rolled out the OxygenOS 12 update to the N200 smartphones in the US. It came with many changes in the system, privacy, camera, and much more. OnePlus has now started rolling the update in the North American region.
The new update comes with the build number DE2117_11_C.15 in the NA units. OnePlus said it’d be an incremental update and will roll out in batches. The update brings new features found in OxygenOS 12 and Android 12. OnePlus brings support for popular OxygenOS12 features such as Work-Life Balance in the update. It also brings updates to Shelf, Dark Mode, and Gallery. Here is a detailed changelog of the update;
- [Optimized] AI System Booster to 2.1 to support the system to run smoothly even when the load was high
- [Added] Earphone Control Card with Bluetooth earphone one-click adjustment
- [Updated] Android security patch to 2022.05
- [Added] three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- [Added] style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- [Added] access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- [Added] OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health status
Work Life Balance
- [Added] Work Life Balance feature, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- [Added] the support of automatic Work and Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- [Added] the support of switching between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
As said, it’ll be rolling out as OTA and will take some time to reach your device. Check for updates regularly to know if the update has reached your smartphone. If any of you are unhappy with the update, OnePlus also allows you to roll back to OxygenOS 11. Do read their community post to know more about the same.