The Galaxy Z Flip, Galaxy A31, Galaxy A80, and a few others have recently received a couple of new updates. Now, Samsung is rolling out the May 2021 Security Patch update to many devices, including Sprint Galaxy Tab A 10.5, Galaxy A8+, Galaxy A10, Galaxy Tab S6 Lite (LTE), Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, Galaxy Tab Active3 (LTE), Galaxy Note 8, Galaxy M31s, Galaxy A12, Galaxy M12, Galaxy A32 5G, and Galaxy Tab S6 Wi-Fi.
Below is the list of Galaxy devices with new firmware versions, followed by the update availability region.
Firmware versions and Availability
- Sprint Galaxy Tab A 10.5 – T597PVPS4CUD1
- Galaxy Tab S6 Lite (LTE) – P615CZCU3CUE2 (China)
- Galaxy Tab Active3 (LTE) – T575XXS3BUE2 (Hong Kong)
- Galaxy Tab S6 Wi-Fi – T860XXU3CUE1 (Korea)
- Galaxy A8+ – A730FXXU7CUD4 (Vietnam)
- Galaxy A10 – A105MUBU6BUD1 (Brazil)
- Galaxy A12 – A125FXXU1BUE5 (Saudi Arabia)
- Galaxy M31s – M317FXXU3CUE1 (Russia)
- Galaxy M12 – M127FXXS2AUE1 (Vietnam)
- Galaxy A32 5G – A326BXXU2AUE3 (Vietnam, the Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, and Myanmar (Burma))
- Galaxy Note 8 – N950FXXUFDUE4 (Germany)
Regarding the changes, the Galaxy Tablets updates come with improvements for the system & Quick Share function, enhancements, etc. There are no new features added to the device via this new update.
Forthcoming to the Galaxy smartphone updates, apart from the monthly security patch, the firmware especially doesn’t incorporate any major changes. Among the above devices, the Galaxy A8+ is receiving the update with the Google RCS (Rich Communication Service) feature.
Regarding the availability, the OTA updates are rolling out in a phased manner. So it may take a week or month sometimes to reach all the units across the world. In the meantime, users can head to Settings>Software updates and check for the updates manually.