At the beginning of 2018, Asus has officially launched the Zenfone 5z with a 6.2-inch display and Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 (10 nm) Chipset. In-camera, there’s a 12-MP + 8-MP dual-rear camera and an 8-MP single front-facing camera. The device is available in 4/6/8GB of RAM and 64/128/256GB of internal storage.
Note: This is an updates tracker and will be updated regularly with the Asus ZenFone 5Z smartphone updates.
Asus ZenFone 5Z Updates Tracker
- [November 25, 2020]: Asus has started seeding out a new update for the Zenfone 5Z devices with the latest Security patch. The update bears the 18.104.22.168 Firmware version and features the newest Security patch, changes, improvements, and fixes. The changelog of this update is as follows.
- Updated Android security patch
- Enabled VoLTE on TMO (US)
- Enabled VoWiFi on JIO (IN)
- Improved touch stability
- Fixed a delay issue when turning off Wi-Fi from quick settings
- [July 30, 2020]: The July 2020 Security patch update has started rolling out to the Asus Zenfone 5z smartphones. The 22.214.171.124. Firmware version update comes with the latest Security patch and a couple of improvements. You can check our dedicated article to know more details about this update.
- [September 29, 2018]: A new update for the Asus Zenfone 5z smartphones comes with the selfie panorama mode support, etc. The update is rolling out on the V126.96.36.199 Firmware version. Click here to know more details about this update.
- [August 3, 2018]: Asus has started seeding out a new update for the Asus Zenfone 5Z devices with a new Camera Focused feature. Along with camera enhancements, this update also focuses on the general bug fixes. You can find out more details about this update in our dedicated article.
- [July 31, 2018]: Asus Zenfone 5Z smartphones have started picking a new update with the RAW Capture feature. The update bears the 188.8.131.52 Firmware version and comes with the RAW Capture features, improvements, bug fixes, etc. More details about this update can be found in our dedicated article.
Similar to all the other updates, it is also rolling out in phases, and as a result, it might take a couple of days to reach all the units. Meanwhile, you can navigate to Settings>Software updates and check for the updates to check the update status manually. Also, make sure to maintain at least 60% of charging before updating to avoid carrier data charges.