In the Q2 of 2019, Xiaomi has officially introduced the Redmi Note 8 smartphone. Talking about the specifications of the device, it features a 6.3-inch IPS LCD with a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels. In terms of camera, there’s a quad rear camera and a 13-MP single front-facing camera. Moreover, the device is powered by an Octa-core processor based on Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 Chipset.
Note: This is an updates tracker and will be updated regularly with the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 smartphone updates.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8/ 8 Pro Updates Tracker
The updates will be posted in Descending Order (Date). Stay tuned or bookmark this page to know about the latest update about the Redmi Note 8 duo.
- [October 12, 2021]: The global units of Redmi Note 8 (2021) are receiving a new update. The package enhances security by inculcating the September 2021 security patch on the firmware version V22.214.171.124.RCUMIXM. Besides, it does not carry any significant changes.
- [October 9, 2021]: Xiaomi is rolling out a new software update for the Redmi Note 8 units in China. The build carries the MIUI 12.5 Enhanced Edition on the firmware version V126.96.36.199.RCOCNXM. The variants in other regions will also get similar treatment soon.
- [September 11, 2021]: The Redmi Note 8 Pro is receiving a new stable update globally. The build adds the August 2021 security patch via the firmware version V188.8.131.52.RGGMIXM. Additionally, it fixes the issue where face unlock and fingerprint unlock crashed sometimes. Check the official changelog below
Optimization: Updated Android Security Patch to August 2021. Increased system security.
Fix: Using Face unlock and Fingerprint unlock simultaneously led to crashes in some cases
- [August 27, 2021]: The Indian variants of the Redmi Note 8 Pro are getting a stable update via the firmware version V184.108.40.206.RGGINXM. The build inculcates the MIUI 12.5.3 to the device and brings a refresh user experience. Moreover, it adds on the month-old July 2021 security patch. Below is the detailed changelog for your reference.
- New: Response to gestures is now instant.
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- Updated Android Security Patch to July 2021. Increased system security.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- Stable MIUI based on Android 11
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- New: Dynamic layouts bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- All-new Notes.
- All upcoming system updates will be provided by Google
- [July 26, 2021]: Redmi Note 8 Pro is receiving a new MIUI 12.5 update based on Android 11. The update carries all the latest MIUI 12.5 features along with the July security patch. The update is rolling out for the European region with firmware version V220.127.116.11.RGGEUXM. [Download]
- [July 21, 2021]: The Redmi Note 8 is again receiving another soft update that brings Android 11 based stable MIUI. Moreover, it drives the current security maintenance, July 2021. The update is rolling out for the global variants via firmware version V18.104.22.168.RCOMIXM. The package carries all the new MIUI features with increased system security.
- Stable MIUI based on Android 11.
- Updated Android Security Patch to July 2021. Increased system security.
- [July 9, 2021]: Redmi Note 8 is receiving June 2021 Security Patch via the firmware version V22.214.171.124.RCUEUXM in the European region. [Download OTA]
- [June 19, 2021]: Redmi Note 8 Pro is receiving the Android 11 update along with MIUI 12.5 skin on top. The latest build for the device arrives on firmware version 126.96.36.199.RGGCNXM in China. The package also inculcates the May 2021 security patch. Click here for the precise traits the package carries.
- [February 21, 2021]: Redmi has started rolling out the Android 11 update to Redmi Note 8 (vanilla) users. The Stable update bears the build version V188.8.131.52.RCOCNXM and is rolling out in its home country. The update weighs 2.7GB in size, and it is still based on MIUI 12. For features and to download the OTA, Tap here.
- [January 8, 2021]: The Redmi Note 8 users have started receiving a new update with the January 2021 Security patch. The update is arriving on the MIUI V184.108.40.206.QCOMIXM Firmware version and weighs nearly 215MB in size. As per the changelog, apart from the latest security patch, the update doesn’t add any new features. The Security patch updates usually include bug fixes, optimizations, and improvements.
- [July 1, 2020]: The latest devices to get MIUI 12 stable update include Redmi Note 8 Pro. The fresh update comes with software version V220.127.116.11 QGGMIXM and weighs 632MB in size. It brings in several useful and exciting features. It includes revamped overall UI, new animations, changes to navigation gestures, new live wallpapers, and a lot more. [Download OTA].
- [February 29, 2020]: Redmi is now rolling out a stable Android 10 update on Redmi Note 8 Pro. The device is receiving firmware version MIUI 18.104.22.168.QGGEUXM along with the February 2020 Security Patch. The fully feature-packed update weighs 1.9GB in size. There are many new changes including improved security features and performance tweaks. It packs all the luxuries of Android 10 along with the final touches from Redmi. Read more here.
- [December 20, 2020]: Xiaomi has started seeding out the November 2020 security patch update to the Redmi Note 8 Pro users. The update is rolling out on the V22.214.171.124.QGGRUXM Firmware version and it’s currently limited to Russia, Indonesia, and Indian users. Apart from the November 2020 security patch, the update doesn’t add any new features to the device.
- [December 9, 2019]: Redmi Note 8 suits in India are receiving the MIUI 11 update. The initial MIUI 11 update for the Indian Redmi Note 8 carried the build number V126.96.36.199.PCOINXN. Whereas, the new build which is being rolled out, comes with a build number V188.8.131.52.PCOINXN. This new build also carries November 2019 security patch. Read more about the package by clicking here.
- [November 25, 2020]: The Redmi Note 8 smartphones have started picking the November 2020 Security patch update on the MIUI V184.108.40.206.QCOMIXM Firmware version. As per the changelog, the update comes with the latest Security patch, Optimizations, and fixes for known issues. The changelog of this update is as follows.
- Optimization: Control center layout in landscape mode
- Fix: Noise could be heard when the screen was turned off in some cases
- Updated Android Security Patch to November 2020. Increased system security.
The update ROM weighs nearly 2.3GB in size and you also download the update file from the below link.
- [November 18, 2020]: Xiaomi has begun cultivating the October 2020 Security patch update for the Redmi Note 8 Pro users. The update is based on Android 10 and is rolling out on V220.127.116.11.QECRUXM Firmware version. It is already live in many regions like Russia, China, etc. Many of the users have started experiencing the update. As per the changelog, the update comes with a couple of fixes and new add-ons. The update brings new add-ons like Swipe down from the upper left corner to open the Notification shade and from the upper right corner to open Control Centre, tapping a blank spot in the Control center closes it now and more. However, you will be experiencing the new add-ons and changes while using your smartphone.
- [October 27, 2020]: The September 2020 Security patch update has finally started hitting the Redmi Note 8 devices. Talking about the changelog, besides the latest Security patch and the improvements, the company has not included any new features. As a result, this update is only meant to increase the Security patch level and enhance the stability of the smartphone.
- [December 9, 2019]: Starting from this day, the Redmi Note 8 Pro smartphones have started experiencing the MIUI 11 update in various regions. The update bears the V18.104.22.168.PCOINXN Firmware version and weighs 226MB in size. As per the changelog, the update features the MIUI 11 goodness, features, bug fixes, optimizations, and much more. However, you will be undergoing all the new changes while using the smartphone. More details about this update can be found in our dedicated article.
Similar to all the other updates, the company is sending the updates in phases and it usually takes a couple of days to reach all the units. In the meanwhile, you can navigate to Settings > Software updates > check for updates to manually check the update status. We also suggest you switch over to a WiFi network to avoid carrier data charges.