Three-year-old Samsung Galaxy A8 (2018) starts receiving the March 2021 Security patch update. The firmware version A530FXXSICUC1 is rolling out to all the Galaxy A8 (2018) across the globe. However, it is not confirmed whether it is rolling out via OTA as of now, but you can flash the above-mentioned firmware to grab the latest security patch.
Apart from the March 2021 Security patch, the update doesn’t come with any new features. Hence, this update is only pushed to increase the smartphone’s Security patch level. Meanwhile, you can head over to Settings>Softwrae updates>Check for the updates to manually check the update status.
Samsung Galaxy A8 (2018) Key Specifications
- 5.6-inch display (1080 x 2220 pixels) with 18.5:9 ratio & 441 PPI density
- Exynos 7885 (14 nm) coupled with Octa-core CPU and Mali-G71 GPU
- 4GB RAM and 32/64GB internal storage
- A 16-MP rear camera and 16-MP + 8-MP dual front-facing camera
- Android 7.1.1 based One UI (Skin)
- 3,000 mAh battery