The three-year-old Samsung Galaxy A8 (2018) starts receiving the February 2021 Security patch update. The update arrives on the A530FXXSHCUB1 Firmware version and it’s currently rolling out only in the United Arab Emirates. It is expected to release shortly in all the other countries too in the upcoming days.
Apart from the February 2021 Security patch, the update doesn’t come with any new features, bug fixes, etc. Hence, this update is only pushed to increase the smartphone’s Security patch level.
The company is sending the updates in a stagged manner which means a shortlist batch will receive the update now for the verifications. Within a week, the update is expected to hit all the smartphones. Meanwhile, you can head over to Settings>Softwrae updates>Check for the updates to manually check the update status.
Samsung Galaxy A8 (2018) Key Specifications
- 5.6-inch display (1080 x 2220 pixels) with 18.5:9 ratio & 441 PPI density
- Exynos 7885 (14 nm) coupled with Octa-core CPU and Mali-G71 GPU
- 4GB RAM and 32/64GB internal storage
- A 16-MP rear camera and 16-MP + 8-MP dual front-facing camera
- Android 7.1.1 based One UI (Skin)
- 3,000 mAh battery