The 4K streaming dongle from Google is receiving an Android 12 update with the build number STTE.220621.019.A2.9082754. Google Chromecast with Google TV 4K update is now rolling out with July 2022 Security Patch and weighs 722MB in size. There are several new additions which are part of the latest security patch.
The update brings the ability to match frame rate with the source content, along with the ability to control HDR format and surround sound under additional user settings. You can have a look at several other changes that are part of the official changelog:
- Upgrades Android TV OS from 10 to 12
- Additional user settings let you control HDR format and surround sound
- New! Match content frame rate allows you to switch between refresh rates
- Increased Security and Privacy
- New camera and mic privacy toggles let you disable or enable camera/mic access for all apps
- Android security patch level has been updated to July 2022
- Other bug fixes and performance improvements
Interested users can check the udpate manually if not yet received by heading to the System Update section in the device settings (Settings -> System -> About -> System update).
Additionally, Google recently unveiled Chromecast with Google TV (HD) at an affordable price which can stream content only up to 1080p quality.