Lineage OS is indeed one of the most stable and popular Custom ROM available. It is available for multiple devices and is an AOSP(Android Open Source Project) based ROM. It provides near to stock Android look, in fact, it is one of the cleanest UI available for the Android community.
LineageOS 18.1 is available for Galaxy S10 devices and brings major features, for example, categorized notifications and much more.
LineageOS 18.1 is based on Android 11 and brings all the luxuries of the Android version to the concerned device. Also, Lineage OS brings some ROM-specific features too.
Features of LineageOS 18.1
- Categorized Notifications
- Notification History
- Better App Permissions and Privacy Control
- Chat Bubbles
- Screen Recorder
- Smart Device Control
- Improved Animation Transitions
- New Media Controls
Before installation, you will have to download some files and place them on your device, Which are:
- TWRP recovery IMG file
- Lineage OS 18.1 ROM File
You can find all of these on this XDA thread and it is also advised to visit the thread for more information regarding the bugs and features.
Steps for installing LineageOS 18.1 on Galaxy S10
- Flash the Twrp.IMG file on your device and reboot to recovery
- Take a Backup (Optional, only if needed)
- Go to Wipe -> Advance Wipe, then select System, Dalvik Cache, Data, Cache, and Wipe it.
- Go back to Menu and click on Install, there select the Lineage OS 18.1 ROM file, and Flash it.
- Flash GApps (If you want google apps support)
- Flash Magisk (If you want Root Support)
- Reboot and set up your Device.
Finally, you have installed the Lineage OS on your Device and are ready to use.