Samsung Galaxy Note 5 was launched back in 2015 as a flagship device of the company. The phone is now five years old but still, it has decent specs and you can use it by installing the custom ROM. To install Custom ROM on Galaxy Note 5 you have to root it. If you’re looking for it, then you’re on the right page here we will guide you how to root Galaxy Note 5.
Samsung Galaxy Note 5 features a 5.7-inch AMOLED display with 1440 x 2560 pixel resolution. It is powered with Exynos 7420 processor and Mali-T760MP8 GPU. It comes in three variants i.e. 4GB RAM and 32GB internal storage, 4GB RAM and 64GB internal, and 4GB RAM and 128GB internal. It is packed with 16MP with OIS at the back and 5MP camera on the front side. Note 5 has a 3000 mAh battery with 15W fast charging.
Note: GoAndroid in no way is responsible for any damage to your device and data while rooting Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
Steps to Root Galaxy Note 5
- Your Galaxy Note 5 must be sufficiently charged up to (at least 75 %).
- Backup all your data.
- Download the latest TWRP recovery for your Samsung Galaxy Note 5. Make sure you’ve downloaded the correct TWRP file that is particularly available for your phone’s model number.
- Download the latest Samsung USB drivers.
- Download and install the Odin Tool.
- Magisk latest version Download
Guide to install TWPR recovery on Galaxy Note 5
- First and the foremost step is to make sure that you have unlocked the bootloader of your Galaxy Note 5.
- Reboot your device to Download Mode:
- To boot to the Download Mode, first Turn off your phone.
- Then, Press and Hold the Volume Down + Home + Power button until the warning screen.
- Now hit volume up button to proceed
- Now, connect your phone with the PC
- Run Odin on your PC as an Administrator
- After it is opened hit the AP button, browse and select the appropriate file of Galaxy Note 5 TWRP recovery .tar file and navigate to the options on the left side, then select the auto-reboot option.
- Hit the START button to flash the recovery.
- Now the Odin will do its work and will Pass!! this message on successful execution.
- That’s it, TWRP Recovery is now successfully installed on your phone.
Steps to Root Note 5
- Copy the Magisk, DM Verity Zip files into your phone’s storage.
- Switch off your handset and reboot into recovery mode by long pressing Volume Up+Home button+Power.
- Now, Select Wipe option-Advance Wipe-Wipe Cache Data.
- Return to the TWRP menu again and select the Install option.
- Locate the Magisk.zip file and swipe to confirm the installation.
- After rebooting the device, you will notice that the handset now has the Magisk app.
- You can open the Magisk app to check root access on Galaxy Note 5.
I hope you’ve successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy Note 5. Still, if there is any problem following this method kindly tell us via comments below we will try to help you out. Stay tuned for more guides.