Are you looking to grab Administrative privileges on your smartphones? Then, here’s the guide to root OnePlus 10 Pro using Magisk. A few months back, OnePlus launched its flagship smartphone for the year 2022, i.e. the OnePlus 10 Pro. The device came with top-notch specifications, including the latest flagship chipset, a great set of cameras and water resistance. It is running on OxygenOS 12 based on Android 12 out of the box. The OnePlus 10 Pro gets a 120Hz AMOLED display and Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chipset.
On the optics front, it gets a triple-rear camera setup comprising a wide, ultra-wide and telephoto sensor. It was backed by a 5000 mAh battery that supports 80W SuperVOOC charging. The OxygenOS 12 offers top-notch performance and a ton of customization options. However, some users would like to root and explore the device further. Here are the complete requirements and steps required to root OnePlus 10 Pro smartphone;
- Make sure that your OnePlus 10 Pro has at least 60% (better to charge full, to avoid risk) of juice left.
- A PC where you have installed all the necessary drivers and platform tools.
- Download Magisk APK File.
- Now, download USB drivers for OnePlus smartphones.
- Download SDK platforms. Don’t worry if you’re a Mac user; you can click here to install platform tools on your Mac.
- Finally, download the Patched boot image for your device from here. (Make sure to download the boot image corresponding to your firmware number)
- Remove your biometric options and passwords from the OnePlus device.
- Take a backup of the data on your smartphone.
- Enable Developer Settings on your device. After this, turn on USB Debugging and OEM unlocking from there.
Before rooting your OnePlus 10 Pro smartphone, make sure to unlock the bootloader. For this, follow the below-mentioned steps;
Steps to unlock the bootloader of OnePlus 10 Pro smartphone?
- Connect your smartphone to your PC using a USB cable.
- Open the platform-tools folder and enter CMD in the address bar to open Command Prompt. You can also open Command Prompt by holding Shift and right-clicking.
- Now enter the adb reboot bootloader command to reboot the smartphone in bootloader mode.
- Enter the fasboot oem unlock command to unlock the bootloader of your OnePlus 10 Pro.
- A confirmation message will pop up on the screen of your OnePlus smartphone. You can confirm using the power button and navigate using volume rockers. It will take some time, and your device might reboot while unlocking.
- Once it is unlocked, enter the fasboot reboot command to reboot your smartphone.
- Now, follow the next steps to root your OnePlus 10 Pro smartphone.
Steps to root OnePlus 10 Pro smartphone?
There are several methods for rooting your OnePlus smartphone, which we will be discussing in this article. First, let us look at the technique that involves the usage of Magisk;
Root your OnePlus 10 Pro using Magsik
- Install the Magisk APK on your device. Make sure to turn on the Install from unknown sources option since your device will be formatted after unlocking the bootloader.
- Copy the boot.img file that you downloaded earlier to the internal storage of your device.
- After opening the Magisk Manager app, tap on the install button.
- Choose Select and Patch a file option in the pop-up that appears right away.
- Now, browse and choose the boot.img file. It will start patching, and the output will be stored in the Downloads folder with the name magisk_patched.img.
- Copy the file to your PC and rename it to boot.img, and move it into the platform-tools folder.
- Now, connect your OnePlus smartphone again with your PC.
- Open the platform-tools folder and enter CMD in the address bar to open Command Prompt window.
- Enter the adb reboot bootloader command to reboot the OnePlus smartphone.
- After this, enter fastboot flash boot.img (for A/B partition system) command to flash the image file. If your device has a Non-A/B partition system, enter fastboot getvar current-slot to know the slot.
- Then, if it’s slot A, type fastboot flash boot_a boot.img command else type fastboot flash boot_b boot.img.
- Enter fasbtboot reboot command to reboot your device.
- Open the Magisk app, and it will show as the app is up to date, which means that you have successfully rooted your OnePlus 10 Pro smartphone.
Read More: Top Features of Android 12
Since there is no working TWRP build available, installing Magisk through a patched boot image is the only way. We will have to wait a few more months for the development. Since no custom ROMS is available, one can try installing Xposed modules on their smartphone. There are other methods available to root your OnePlus 10 Pro smartphone. Some may recommend using the Kingoroot application. In the majority of cases, it will work on your smartphone. So, we are not discussing that in this article. We will update the article if any new methods are available to root OnePlus 10 Pro smartphone.