Recently, we discussed the different ways of streaming popular streaming service Paramount Plus on Vizio Smart TV, Xbox, and PlayStation. Today, we will discuss how you can stream Paramount Plus on the Xfinity Streaming box. Xfinity is a streaming device that is popular in the United States. It is popularly known for its TV and internet services. The streaming box of Xfinity already offers many contents, but support for subscription services like Paramount Plus is a huge advantage. Paramount Plus is a streaming service that is originally from the US. The service is also available in many European countries now. The Paramount Global group owns the service now.
Must see: How to install Applob APK on Android Device?
It can be used to stream many original series, CBS shows, and thousands of episodes from CBS primetime, daytime, and late-night shows. It offers a library of CBS Classics, and one can watch their local CBS station live. Although, streaming local CBS stations is limited to the users of the United States only. Now, let us look into the streaming device that supports Paramount Plus.
Xfinity streaming boxes that support Paramount Plus
Not all streaming boxes and services from Xfinity support Paramount Plus. The following TV boxes with Xfinity Flex service support Paramount Plus;
- Xi6 streaming TV Box
- XiOne streaming TV Box
Apart from these, the following boxes with Xfinity X1 also support the same;
- XG2v2 (Non-DVR; Pace Model)
- XG1v3 (DVR; Arris or Pace Model)
- XG1v4 (DVR; Arris Model)
- XiD (Non-DVR; Pace or Cisco Model)
- Xi5 Wireless TV Box (Non-DVR; Pace Model)
- Xi6 Wireless TV Box (Non-DVR; Arris or Technicolor Model)
The following models from Xfinity don’t support streaming Paramount Plus;
- Xi5 TV Boxes
- Pace Xi3
- Samsung XG2v2
- Arris XG1v1
- Pace XG1v1
Now, let us look into the different plans offered by Paramount Plus. The existing users of Paramount Plus can skip the following part and continue reading the next heading.
Also, visit: Best tool to convert PDF to Word
Pricing and plans of Paramount Plus
Another thing to discuss before getting into the steps of streaming is to discuss the pricing of Paramount Plus. Some people misunderstand that the Paramount Plus service is free of cost for Xfinity users. It is false; you must purchase a separate Paramount Plus subscription. Even though it offers limited to content with ads, it is advised to go for a subscription to unlock the full collection. Here are the plans that Paramount Plus offers;
- Paramount Plus Essential plan: $4.99/month & $49.95/year.
- Paramount Plus Premium plan: $9.99/month & $99.99/year.
Note: Switching to or signing up for Paramount Plus Essential plan will not give access to your local live CBS Station. So, think twice before opting for the Essential plan on Paramount Plus. Paramount Plus offers a one-week trial, so you can try them without paying.
Steps to stream Paramount Plus contents on Xfinity!
Now, let us look into the steps required to watch Paramount Plus on the Xfinity Streaming box. Ensure your streaming box is turned on and connected to any HDMI device. Also, connect it to WiFi and update it to the latest version. After this, follow the below-mentioned steps to stream;
- Take out the Xfinity remote and tap on the Xfinity button on the same.
- Choose the Apps menu and scroll until you find the Paramount Plus app. You can also use Voice Remote to open the app.
- If you are an existing user, choose the sign-in option, and you can sign in by either of the following methods;
- On my TV
- On web
- If you tap on the first option, you will be asked to log in using your credentials.
- If you choose the other option, it will display an activation code. Visit this website on your mobile or PC and enter the same code. It will then ask you to sign in to your Paramount Plus account.
- After this, a confirmation message will pop up on the screen. Now, you can stream Paramount Plus on your Xfinity streaming box.
- Don’t worry; if you are a first-time user, tap on the Try it a free option instead of signing in. It will display a code, and the process is similar to the On web option.
Related: How to get Paramount Plus on PlayStation?
That’s it, and it is so simple to stream Paramount Plus on the streaming boxes of Xfinity. Unlike other consoles and Smart TVs, we don’t have to download the app separately here. It is included in the firmware of the box. If this article has helped you to stream Paramount Plus, do consider sharing the article with your friends.