LG Nitro HD will get Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on July 31st. Update is also got leaked in May but now Officially AT&T is rolling out.
The update will bring LG’s Optimus UI 3.0 along for the ride, as well as many other new and improved features:
- New lock screen actions let you conveniently jump directly to a specific application without unlocking the homescreen.
- The redesigned Gallery App & Photo Editor makes it easier to manage, show, and share photos and videos than ever before.
- An updatedhome screen folder and favorites tray that lets you group your apps and shortcuts logically by simply dragging one onto another.
- Enhanced multitasking capabilities let you instantly navigate from one task to another by leveraging a list in the System Bar that includes thumbnail images of all recently used apps. Just tap the thumbnail to resume using that app.
- Improved text input with an updated keyboard that supports faster text input and more accurate entries with better error correction and word suggestions.
- An app that helps you easily monitor yourdata usage.
- Face Unlock, a new screen-lock option that intelligently unlocks your device using facial recognition software.
So if you’re a LG Nitro HD owner on AT&T, get ready for the much anticipated Ice Cream Sandwich update. To get update you need to head over here.