A couple of months back, OnePlus has officially launched OnePlus 8 Pro in many markets. The device is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 (7 nm+) Chipset, and it hosts a 6.78-inch display with 1440 x 3168 pixels resolution. In-camera, there’s a quad rear camera and a 16-MP single front-facing camera.
Note: This is an updates tracker and will be updated regularly with the OnePlus 8/ 8 Pro smartphone updates.
OnePlus 8/ 8 Pro Updates Tracker
- [June 28, 2023]: One Plus starting to push an incremental rollout of OxygenOS 22.214.171.1240 for the OnePlus 8/8 Pro. This update is already rolling out in the IN/EU/NA region. The firmware version of One Plus 8 is India: IN2011_126.96.36.1990(EX01), EU: IN2013_188.8.131.520(EX01), NA: IN2015_184.108.40.2060(EX01) and One Plus 8pro isIN: IN2021_220.127.116.110(EX01), EU: IN2023_18.104.22.1680(EX01), NA: IN2025_22.214.171.1240(EX01).
• Integrates the June 2023 Android security patch to enhance system security.
• Improves the stability and expands the compatibility of the NFC function.
- [March 22, 2022]: OnePlus is rolling out a new firmware update for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro. The update brings March 2023 Android Security patch and enhances the system stability. It further improves performance and system security. The firmware IN2011_11.F.63 is live for OnePlus 8 and IN2021_11.F.63 for OnePlus 8 Pro.
• Integrates the March 2023 Android Security Patch to enhance system security.
• Improves system stability and performance.
• Improves phone call stability in some scenarios.
- [November 27, 2020]: OnePlus has started spinning out the OxygenOS 126.96.36.199 update along with November 2020 Security patch for the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro devices. The update for OnePlus 8 is rolling out on 188.8.131.52.IN21DA Firmware version for Indian issuers, 184.108.40.206.IN21BA for European users, and 220.127.116.11.IN21AA for NA users. Whereas, the OnePlus 8 pro update is rolling out on 18.104.22.168.IN11DA for Indian users, 22.214.171.124.IN21BA for European users, and 126.96.36.199.IN21AA for the NA users.
Talking about the changelog, the update adds the latest Security patch, optimizations, fixes, and improvements. The update brings fixes for the small probability issue that expanded screenshots may stop working, the issue that the cache is not deleted after uninstalling apps, an issue that the screen may flash when using fingerprint unlock, and many more issues. The update optimizes the experience with a split-screen of apps and system power consumption and increases battery life.
- [October 10, 2020]: The OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro devices have Started Receiving the Android 11-Based OxygenOS 11 Update on the OxygenOS 11.IN11DA Firmware version. As per the changelog, the update features the new add-ons, new UI, optimizations, etc. More details of this update can be found in our dedicated article.
- [September 12, 2020]: Starting from today, the OnePlus 8 Pro smartphones have started receiving the August 2020 Security Patch update. As per the changelog, the update features the bug fixes for known/ reported issues, optimizations, and improvements. Apart from that, OnePlus has not added any new features to the device. The update is spinning on the OxygenOS 10.5.14 build number and is currently limited to European markets only.
- [July 20, 2020]: The company has started seeding out the July 2020 Security Patch update for the OnePlus 8 Pro smartphones. The update weighs nearly 245 MB in size and it comes with new add-ons, optimizations, and bug fixes for known issues. More details about this update can be found in our dedicated article.
- [July 8, 2020]: The May 2020 Security Patch update for the OnePlus 8 Pro is rolling out in different firmware versions for other countries. According to the changelog, the update brings several optimizations, fixes, improvements, and a new add-on. You can know more details about this update by checking our article.
Like all the other updates, it is also rolling out in phases, and as a result, it may take some time to reach all the units. Meanwhile, navigate to Settings>Software updates>Check for updates to check the update manually.