OnePlus launched the OnePlus 8T last year with pre-installed Android 11. Where OxygenOS 11 already reached India and several other regions. Finally, the company has announced the global rollout of the very first Open Beta build for the smartphone.
Prior to installing the software, keep in mind that the notice mentions ‘Beta’, which means it will not be as smooth as the Stable update. Thereby, just to keep your data safe, the company advice you to take a full system back-up. OnePlus shared the official changelog for OnePlus 8T:
- Optimized the UI display of the status bar
- Optimized the stability of the frame rate and improve its experience while playing games
- Optimized the Community homepage with more noticeable notification
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.02
- Optimized the animations of sunny and cloudy days for a clearer dynamic display
- Optimized the layout of the cloud service in the Gallery for a better operation experience
Also, to download the build, the battery level should be above 30% and a minimum of 3 GB storage should be free.
If you’re a OnePlus 8T owner and want to experience the OxygenOS 11 features before the official update rolls out here’s how you can install:
1. Download the latest ROM upgrade zip package from the specified server.
2. Copy the Rollback package to the phone storage.
3. Go to Settings -> System -> System Updates -> Click top right icon -> Local upgrade -> Click on the corresponding installation package -> upgrade -> System upgrade completed to 100%.
4. After the upgrade is complete, click Restart.
5. Update successful.