OnePlus recently introduced a new flagship smartphone – OnePlus 8T featuring some extensive specifications. The new smartphone comprises some exceptional hardware including a 6.55-inch Fluid AMOLED with 1080 x 2400 pixels resolution. There’s a Corning Gorilla Glass 5 to protect the display against usual falls. OnePlus 8T is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 SoC coupled with an octa-core CPU and Adreno 650 GPU. The smartphone is available in 128GB + 8GB RAM and 256GB + 12GB RAM storage variants. There’s a quad-rear camera carrying a 48-megapixel primary sensor, a 16-megapixel ultrawide sensor, a 5-megapixel macro lens, and a 2-megapixel depth sensor. There’s a 16-megapixel front sensor for quality selfies and video calling. A 4500 mAh battery is present with 65W fast charging support.
OnePlus is known for actively pushing regular updates for its smartphones. A similar treatment has started for the OnePlus 8T as it is receiving regular updates improving the stability. The Chinese smartphone maker is frequently pushing updates for all its smartphones to make them stand out against the competition. However, OnePlus 5 series users are facing some issues with the security patches these days.
Note: The updates are listed in Descending Order (Date). We will keep updating this post to reflect the latest updates. You can bookmark this page to get the latest update news about the OnePlus 8T.
OnePlus 8T Update Tracker
[November 16, 2023]: The OnePlus is announcing this OxygenOS 14 closed beta program in the India region for OnePlus 8T. The users must ensure that their phone has been updated to the firmware version, KB2001_22.214.171.1242(EX01).
[August 23, 2023]: OnePlus 8T is receiving the August 2023 Security patch with some other fixes and stability improvements. The OnePlus 8T is getting CPH2413_126.96.36.1994(EX01) firmware updates.
• Integrates the August 2023 Android security patch to enhance system security.
[June 28, 2023]: One Plus starting to push the incremental rollout of OxygenOS 188.8.131.520 for the OnePlus 8T now. This update is already rolling out in the IN/EU/NA region. The firmware version of One Plus 8T for IN/EU/NA region is IN: KB2001_184.108.40.2060(EX01), EU: KB2003_220.127.116.110(EX01), NA: KB2005_18.104.22.1680(EX01).
• Integrates the June 2023 Android security patch to enhance system security.
• Improves the stability and expands the compatibility of the NFC function.
[March 23, 2023]: OnePlus 8T is receiving the march 2023 Security patch with some other fixes and stability improvements. The firmware version KB2001_11.F.63 is rolling out for users in India. Here’s the official changelog:
• Integrates the March 2023 Android Security Patch to enhance system security.
• Improves system stability and performance.
• Improves phone call stability in some scenarios.
Oxygen OS 22.214.171.124 Update
[November 5, 2020] Just after a few days, the OnePlus is rolling out another update for the OnePlus 8T device with firmware version OxygenOS 126.96.36.199. The update brings several optimizations along with the latest October 2020 security patch.
OxygenOS 188.8.131.52 Update
[November 1st, 2020] Well, the OnePlus 8T recently received OxygenOS 184.108.40.206 with some minor changes and optimization fixes. The company has improved Bluetooth stability by optimizing Bluetooth connection. The new update also improves the battery life of the smartphone.
Here’s the changelog
- Optimized system power consumption and reduce heat generation
- Fixed the issue that icons are not displayed on the desktop in a small probability
- Improved system stability and fixed known issues
- Optimized Bluetooth connection to reduce latency
- Improved connection stability
- Fixed the abnormal display issue with loading preview photo
- Optimized the intelligent 5G function to extend battery endurance capacity
The update is rolling out incrementally to all the users across the globe. However, you can also sideload the update by downloading the update from the OnePlus support page.