A couple of days back, Realme has launched Realme V5 officially in its home country (China). The device packs a hole-punch 6.5-inch display and is powered by a MediaTek Dimensity 720 5G (7 nm) Chipset. It is available in two variants – 6GB RAM with 128GB storage and 8GB RAM with 256GB storage. In terms of camera, there’s a quad rear camera and a 16-MP single front-facing camera.
Note: This is a tracker, and it will be updated regularly with Realme V5 5G smartphone updates.
Realme V5 5G Updates Tracker
- [January 23, 2020]: The Realme V5 devices have started picking a new update with the January 2021 Security patch. The update is rolling out on the RMX2111_11_A.28 Firmware version and it comes with new add-ons, fixes, and optimizations. The update adds the function of saving as PDF in print service. It also brings fixes for the extremely low probability of restarting the phone and the problem that the default ringtone of the mobile phone is wrong after the online ringtone is exited. For a clear information, we have dropped the update changelog below.
- Update Android security patch January 2021
- Photo album
- Added the function of saving as PDF in print service
- Optimize system performance and improve system stability
- Fix the extremely low probability of restarting the phone
- Set up
- Optimize the black screen gesture display switch logic in multi-user mode
- Fix the problem that the default ringtone of the mobile phone is wrong after the online ringtone is exited
- [November 26, 2020]: Realme has started seeding out the November 2020 Security patch update for the Relame V5 smartphones. The RMX2111_11_A.20 update comes with the latest Security patch, optimizations, and fixes for known/reported issues. The update brings fixes for the problem that the path displayed incorrectly in the search intelligent judgment setting, the problem of the low probability of abnormal noise in flash photography, the problem of the low probability of freezing during some mode switching, a problem that the camera will crash with a very low probability when multiple people are taking photos, and the problem of charging icons appearing in a very small probability when the charger is not inserted issue. The optimizations include the daily flow limit setting interface and the image brightness of the front camera in the scene of wearing a mask.
- [October 31, 2020]: The October 2020 Security patch update has finally started hitting all the Realme V5 smartphones. The update is rolling on the RMX2111_11_A.16 Firmware version, and as per the changelog, it adds the latest Security patch, status bar icon management function, optimizations, and fixes for known issues. The update brings optimizations for super night scene mode, flash vignetting effect, video definition, rear camera, and much more. With bug fixes and optimizations, the smartphone’s performance is expected to be increased by this update.
- [October 4, 2020]: Realme has finally started seeding out the Security patch for the month of September 2020 to the Realme V5 5G users. The update is coming on the RMX2111_11_A.10 Firmware version. According to the changelog, the update adds the latest Security patch, new add-ons, optimizations, and fixes for known issues.
The update adds a new night scene filter and soloop instant recording app. It also brings optimizations for photo effect, face definition, 4K video/60 frame mode video clarity, etc. The company has also fixed the screen refresh rate problem in this update.
- [August 30, 2020]: Realme V5 has finally started receiving the August 2020 Security Patch update. The update is bumping on the RMX2111_11_A.08 Firmware version, and it is rolling out limitedly. According to the changelog, the update houses with optimizations, fixes for known issues, and the new Huantai Mall App is added. Besides these, no new features were added reportedly.According to the release note, the update is seeding in batches, and it usually takes a week to hit all the smartphones. Meanwhile, head to Settings>Software updates>Check for updates to check the update status. We also suggest the users switch over to a WiFi network to avoid the data charges.