After a long time, Xiaomi has rolled out the stable MIUI 12.5 update for the Redmi Note 7. It was scheduled for August 2021, and the brand was delayed due to some internal issues. The update is rolling out as OTA and is live for Indian users. It weighs around 670MB in size and brings tons of optimizations internally. The new optimizations increase the performance of the device and efficiency, whereby the battery will last more. Here is the detailed changelog of the stable MIUI 12.5 update:
Changelog of MIUI 12.5 update for Redmi Note 7
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen..
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- New: Response to gestures is now instant.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- New: Dynamic layouts bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- All-new Notes.
As you can see in the changelog, the update brings a whole-new Notes app to the device. Also, the update is rolling out on top of Android 10. Xiaomi is yet to push the Android 11 update for the device. If you don’t want to wait for the OTA update, you can download the update manually.
Download and install MIUI 12.5 update on Redmi Note 7
- Click here to download the recovery ROM
- Here for the OTA update (Download this only if your device is running on V12.0.2.00)
Follow the below-mentioned steps to install the update manually;
- Move the downloaded file to internal storage.
- Head to Settings and choose the About Phone menu and choose the MIUI Version option.
- Then, select the three-dot icon, which you can see on the top right corner of your screen.
- Now, choose the Choose Update Package and navigate and select the downloaded update file.
- After verifying the update package, your device will start updating to Android 11. Your Xiaomi device will perform a restart upon finishing the process.