After three years of gap, Xiaomi finally released its next tab flagship— Mi Pad 5 5G and Mi Pad 5 Pro 5G. It seems like the Chinese giant will take special care of the devices. It’s not been even a week since the release of the smart device and the Mi Pad 5 Pro 5G is grabbing its first software update in the home country.
The fresh update for the Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 Pro 5G is available for the Wi-Fi variants in China. The Android 11 OS-based build is arriving on the firmware version V22.214.171.124.RKYCNXM weighing 4.1GB in size.
The software brings a major overhaul to the overall performance of the device. It includes a variety of new additions and optimizations across several apps including Notes, Gallery, Music, Weather, and Calendar. Moreover, the system’s theme, lock screen, recents, and keyboard are also getting new surprises. Refer to the below changelog for precise details.
- New: Rotate and scale the items selected by the stylus
- New: Black background for handwritten notes
- New: Designated folder for the notes made with a stylus
- New: Text recognition for handwritten notes
- New: Switch writing tools and adjust stroke width by pressing the stylus buttons
- Optimization: Overall stability
- Lock screen
- Optimization: Instructions for adding a fingerprint
- Optimization: Default wallpaper
- New: Keyboard shortcuts
- New: Marker, pen, and eraser for editing screenshots
- Optimization: Taking and editing screenshots is more convenient now
- New: Music player in the Control center
- New: Audio playback can now be cast to other devices via the Control center
- Optimization: Landscape mode in Mi Music
- Optimization: Managing locations
- Stylus & keyboard
- New: Partial screenshots
- New: System shortcuts
- Optimization: Settings for keyboards and styluses
- Optimization: The process of pairing a stylus
- New: Apps can now be opened in a floating window in Recents
- Optimization: Month view
- Optimization: Animations for switching between different views
- Optimization: The process of creating an event
As usual, the OTA rollout will take time to reach all units. But you can also track the update via the Settings > Software update > Download and install. If you can not wait for the build to arrive, you can tap on the links below to manually apply for the OTA versions.