Samsung Galaxy S21 series is one of its elite lineup this year namely, Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21+, and Galaxy S21 Ultra. The 5G family powers Exynos 2100 chipset internationally and Snapdragon 888 5G in the USA and China. The trio fuels Android 11 based One UI 3.1 skin on top. So far, the company has sold over six lakh units of the premium grade handset lineup, which is the highest it has ever recorded since the Galaxy S8.
Note: We will keep this post updated with the latest information regarding the Galaxy S21 series.
Samsung Galaxy S21 Series Update Tracker
- [January 7, 2021]: The Galaxy S21 series in the Netherlands is upgrading the January 2022 security patch. The update is live for the Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21+, and Galaxy S21 Ultra through the firmware version G99xBXXU4BULF.
- [December 10, 2021]: The December 2021 security patch is extending to Finland for Galaxy S21 series. It carries the build numbers G991BXXS3BUL1, G996BXXS3BUL1, and G998BXXS3BUL1 for Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21+, and Galaxy S21 Ultra respectively.
- [December 8, 2021]: The Galaxy S21 is getting the third update based on the latest stable operating system. It brings the December 2021 security patch to some European countries via the firmware version G99xBXXS3BUL1. Besides, you will not see any bug fixes or other improvements.
- [December 6, 2021]: The latest stable build is now live for the Canadian variants of the Galaxy S21 lineup. This time, the package is arriving with a month-old security patch, November 2021. Visit our dedicated article for changes and other details.
- [November 29, 2021]: The Galaxy S21 series is now receiving their first One UI 4.0 based software update. The package is unfurling in the European markets and some other regions including Germany. For the Galaxy S21, it arrives on firmware version G991BXXU3BUKG. While for the Galaxy S21 Plus and Galaxy S21 Ultra, the PDS number varies to G996BXXU3BUKG and G998BXXU3BUKG respectively. Tap here to know what it brings!
- [November 25, 2021]: Android 12 based One UI 4.0 package is now extending to the unlocked variants of Galaxy S21, S21+, and S21 Ultra in the US. Almost all US carriers are experiencing the update including AT&T, Bluegrass Cellular, Cellular South, Comcast, Sprint, Tracfone, and Xfinity Mobile. The Android 12 One UI 4.0 package for the Galaxy S21 lineup is bundled with the firmware version G99xU1UEU4BUK7. Additionally, the software also inculcates the current security maintenance, November 2021. For more changes, click here.
- [November 24, 2021]: Samsung is rolling out the second OneUI 4.0 update on Galaxy S21 series via the firmware version G99xUSQU4BUK9. The update fixes issues related to the screen refresh rate. It is currently rolling out on Verizon-locked devices.
- [November 1, 2021]: November 2021 patch is extending to India for Galaxy S21 Ultra. The new OTA arrives on version G998BXXS3AUJ7/G998BOXM3AUIE/G998BXXU3AUIF weighing 222.97MB in size. Besides the security enhancements, the package does not carry any other improvements.
- [October 26, 2021]: The Galaxy S21 Ultra has started to receive the November 2021 security patch in Germany. The update arrives on software version G998BXXS3AUJ7 weighing 222MB in size. Also, we don’t have the precise changelog for the update but we expect it to carry some general bug fixes and device stability improvements.
- [October 14, 2021]: The October 2021 patch is unfurling to the locked and unlocked units of the Galaxy S21 series in the US. While the carrier-locked variants are getting the version G99xUSQS4AUIN on Comcast and Xfinity Mobile networks. The locked models are grabbing G99xU1UES4AUIN on Bluegrass Cellular, C-Spire, and Verizon networks.
- [September 29, 2021]: As you can see below, Samsung has started pushing the October 2021 security patch for the Galaxy S21 series. And the update is live in countries like Germany, India, the Philippines, and South Korea. However, the update in South Korea brings the digital key support to the Galaxy S21+ and Galaxy S21 Ultra. The digital key feature was announced back in January and will support brands like Audi, BMW, Genesis, and Ford. The update in South Korea comes with the build number G991BXXU3AUIG.
- [September 28, 2021]: Samsung has started pushing a new update for the European and international variants of the Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21+, and Galaxy S21 Ultra. The update is currently live in Germany and the Philippines. Samsung is the first brand to push the October 2021 Security patch and the Galaxy S21 is the first device to receive the same. Even, Google is yet to push the October 2021 patch for its devices. The update comes with the build number G991BXXU3AUIE. It currently rolls out as OTA and doesn’t bring any major changes apart from the security patch.
- [September 11, 2021]: The international variants of Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21+, and Galaxy S21 Ultra in the USA are grabbing a new update. The builds bump the security version to September 2021 via the firmware version G99xU1UES4AUH9. Do not expect the package to bring any other changes besides increasing the system security.
- [September 7, 2021]: The Galax S21 series is grabbing the September 2021 security patch in Europe. The update arrives on the version number G99xBXXS3AUHD and G99xU1UES4AUH9 for Galaxy S21, S21+, and S21 Ultra. Apart from upgrading the patch, the build does not add any other changes.
- [August 11, 2021]: The unlocked versions of the Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21+, and the Galaxy S21 Ultra are receiving a new update. The August security patch is arriving via the firmware version G99XU1UEU4AUGE. A similar treatment is live for the smartphone units in Canada on the Rogers network as well. Do not expect anything else in the update apart from the improved privacy and security.
- [July 31, 2021]: Samsung is releasing the August 2021 security patch for the Galaxy S21 series in China. The latest security maintenance arrives on the firmware version G99x0ZCU2AUGE for Galaxy S21, S21+, and S21 Ultra. The changelog does not mention any new additions. Also, Samsung is yet to detail its August security patch.
- [May 27, 2021]: The Korean giant has already started rolling out the June 2021 Security Patch update for the Galaxy S21 5G smartphone users. According to the report by SamNext, the update is occurring on the build number G991NKSU3AUE8, and it weighs 416.71MB. At the moment, the update is taking place only in Korea and a few European countries. There’s nothing new available in the latest firmware apart from the few changes to the system. The updated screenshot is dropped below.
- [May 13, 2021]: The May 2021 security patch has made its way to India for the Galaxy S21 series. The new software carries the firmware version G99xBXXU3AUE1 that weighs around 200MB in size. This is just a minor bump in safety level as the changelog doesn’t mention any major changes. It improves the overall stability of functions by bringing the described fixes from Google and Samsung. Moreover, there’s a possibility that the new update also fixes the vulnerabilities found in Qualcomm’s 5G modems.
- [April 27, 2021]: Some days are left to reach the month of May but Samsung is already prepared to release the new safety maintenance. The Galaxy S21 series is the first lineup to receive the May 2021 security patch. As of now, the level is live in Germany with the firmware version G991BXXU3AUDA for the Galaxy S21, G996BXXU3AUDA for the Galaxy S21+, and G998BXXU3AUDA for the Galaxy S21 Ultra. The new firmware improves the performance of the camera, enhances the Quick Share, and improves the file sharing between Galaxy devices Using Quick Share.
Tap here to know more about this package.
- [April 8, 2021]: Verizon‘s Galaxy S21 series is grabbing the April 2021 security patch. The latest update carries firmware versions G991USQU2AUC8, G996USQU2AUC8, and G998USQU2AUC8 for the Galaxy S21, S21+, and S21 Ultra, respectively. The bump drives some performance improvements but no major changes in favor of user experience. The changelog mentions usual bug fixes to enhance the smartphone’s stability. To know more about the firmware, Head here.
- [March 30, 2021]: A day before, Samsung is crafting the April 2021 Android security patch for the Galaxy S21 family. The new firmware can be identified by build number G99xxXXU2AUC8. This update is pushed uniquely to expand the smartphone’s security level. This means that apart from the latest security patch, upgrades, enhancements, user-reported bug fixes, the update doesn’t load with any major changes or new features.
- [February 26, 2021]: The Korean giant is rolling out the March 2021 security update for the newly launched Galaxy S21 family. The update weighs around 387 MB which brings the firmware version G9910ZHU1AUB7for Galaxy S21, G9960ZHU1AUB7for Galaxy S21+, and G9980ZHU1AUB7for Galaxy S21 Ultra. As of now, the new software is rolling out in Taiwan, other regions are expected to get a hit anytime soon. Click here for more details about the update.
- [February 12, 2021]: The Galaxy S21 series is receiving its third update since its release. The new software carries the version number version G99xBXXU1AUB6. It is currently rolling out in various countries including the UK, Germany, Switzerland, and other countries European nations. The changelog mentions enhancements in the camera app and device performance. Moreover, the reduced battery life issue is probably fixed with this new update. Read more here about the details regarding the new build.
- [February 10, 2021]: The US variants of the Galaxy S21 series are grabbing the February 2021 security patch. The new update bumps the build version G991USQU1AUAG, which weighs around 305MB in size. Apart from the new security patch, the update also brings some add-on features such as improvement in the camera, fixes some minor Bugs, improves and enhances the system and device stability.
- [February 9, 2021]: Samsung Galaxy S21 5G series is now globally receiving February 2021 Security Patch via OTA. The updated firmware version for this series is G998BXXU1AUB3 which will fix the previously available bugs and add security and performance improvements.
- [February 05, 2021]: A couple of days after the rollout of the January 2021 Security patch, Samsung has begun cultivating the February 2021 Security patch to the Galaxy S21 Series. Identified by the G9980ZHU1UAE, G9980OZS1AUAE/ G9980ZCU1AUAE Firmware version is currently limited to Hong Kong users only. The update weighs nearly 306.13 MB in size and it comes with improvements for the camera, Bug fixes, Stability improvements, a new Security patch, and enhancements to the Device Stability.
- [January 23, 2021]: Samsung has now started seeding out the January 2021 Security patch update to the Galaxy S21, S21+, and S21 Ultra smartphones in the United States. The updates are rolling out on the G991USQU1AUA3, G996USQU1AUA3, and G998USQU1AUA3 Firmware versions. Talking about the changes, apart from the Security patch, there’s nothing new in this update. So, this update is only meant to increase the Security patch level and enhance the stability of the smartphone.
- [January 16, 2021]: The Galaxy S21 Plus devices have started receiving their first update with the January 2021 Security patch and Android 11 based One UI 3.1 (Skin). The update is hitting all the users on the G996BXXU1AUA4 Firmware version and it doesn’t come with any major features/changes. So, this update is only meant to increase the Security patch level and enhance the stability of the smartphone.
As always, the new build is put via OTA, so you will receive the update soon. Otherwise, you can also track the firmware manually by navigating to Settings > Software updates > Check for updates. We also suggest you maintain at least 60% of charging and switch over to a WiFi network before updating.