Xiaomi is not as active as other smartphone brands in spinning out software updates and security updates regularly. However, Xiaomi started rolling out a new update for its Watch. The update appears as a V1.5.306 build number and it is currently limited only to China.
According to the official changelog, the update brings a lot of new features, reported bug fixes, and several optimizations for apps & more. In terms of features, the update adds new features like swimming pool mode, 3 new dials, off-wrist password function, and much more. Apart from these, you will be able to unlock your Xiaomi smartphone from the Mi Watch itself. Nonetheless, the changelog of the update is mentioned below for quick understanding.
- Added swimming pool swimming mode
- New watch to unlock Xiaomi mobile phone
- Added off-wrist password function
- Added NFC to unlock Mijia smart door lock function
- New vibration setting options
- 3 new standby dials
- Optimize some interface visual experience
- Optimize message reminding logic, full-screen message display, and new message icon
- Application list and sports list, record the position of the last slide
- Reduce the number of preset dials and increase the space for users to install dials independently
- Optimize system stability
- Fix other known issues
Coming to the availability, as it is the initial release, the OTA update may take some time to hit your device. In case, if the update is available for your watch then you will be notified automatically. To check the update manually, connect your watch to the smartphone and navigate to settings & software updates.
Xiaomi Mi Watch Color Specifications
Xiaomi Watch Color was launched earlier in 2020 by featuring a 1.39-inch AMOLED display, 454 x 454 pixels resolution, and 462 PPI density. The watch runs a Proprietary wearable platform operating system and packs with a 420 mAh battery. The sensors of the watch include Gyro, Heart rate, Accelerometer, and Barometer.