If you do want to see how far we’ve come with mobile phone tech, you have to look at the display. Nowadays, even super cheap Android phones come with HD screens like the Xiaomi Redmi 4A. For the layman, there is little difference between Full HD or Quad HD. The differences between the two displays are hard to see. But for the nerd, pixel count is important. If it is important for you too, here are the best Quad HD display phones (1440 x 2560 pixels) in the market in Oct-Nov 2017.
In the list below all the 2K display phone or Quad HD display, phones have been added. The phones are available in India and worldwide also. It includes phones from all the brands like Samsung, Vivo, HTC, LG, Motorola, etc.
Best Phones with Quad HD display India
Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+
Both the Galaxy S8/S8+ come with Quad HD+ resolution which translates to a resolution of (2960*1440 pixels) having PPI of 570 pixels per inch. Samsung has always been known for the best AMOLED panels in the industry. And the Galaxy S8 is a prime example. The screens are bright and have great contrast ratios. They are protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 5. Apart from that, both the phones are all-rounders. They excel in other areas like camera performance, CPU power, build quality and design and so on. Their predecessor also had a Quad HD screen. The Galaxy S7 Edge can be an option for those who can’t yet afford the latest Samsung devices.
- Processor – Exynos 8895 Octa Core or the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- GPU – Mali-G71 MP20 or Adreno 540 – USA & China
- Display and Screen Size – 5.8 inches Super AMOLED, Quad HD+ Resolution with (2960*1440), 570 PPI
- RAM – 4 GB RAM
- Storage – 64 GB internal Storage – expandable to 256 GB.
- Operating System – Android Nougat 7.1
- Finger Print Scanner
- Rear Camera –12 MP, f/1.7, phase detection auto focus, OIS, LED flash
- Front Camera – 8 MP, f/1.7, auto focus selfie camera.
- Connectivity – WIFI, Bluetooth, NFC and USB 3.1, Type-C
- Battery Capacity – Non-removable Li-ion 3000 mAh. Fast Charging, Wireless Charging.
- IP 68 Rated – Water and Dust Resistant
The LG V30 is the latest flagship phablet from the Korean manufacturer. And LG has really gone all out with this new bad boy. In its arsenal of unending features is Quad HD+ resolution. This year’s flagship phones have made us used to a new 18:9 aspect ratio display. This adds more pixels. Hence we have 2880×1440 pixels with a 538 ppi. The screen size is 6.0 inches. But that is not all to the LG V30. LG has made this phone a powerhouse of a video shooter.
It has a Quad DAC that will spoil you for all other headphone audio. This phone from LG has it all. In short, it is a close Galaxy S8 competitor. If the LG V30 is too high a budget, the LG G6 also has the same Quad HD+ screen at a significant discount. Even last year’s unheard of LG G5 is a Quad HD display phone.
Say what you will about HTC. But they are still going to make the same smartphones as they have in the past. The HTC U11 is this year’s flagship and it rocks Quad HD display in a stunning “Liquid Surface” rear body. The display is a traditional 5.5-inch display with a resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels with 565 PPI. That means it has 16:9 aspect ratio. Its covered by 2.5D curved glass. The HTC U11 rear camera is also a force to reckon with. It comes second only to the Pixel and the Galaxy S8. It also has an IP 67 rating and Edge Squeeze.
- Display – 5.5 inches Super LCD 5 Quad HD (2560×1440).
- Protection – Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection and also has 2.5 D curve glass.
- Operating system – Android 7.1.1 nougat with HTC Sense UI.
- Processor – Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- GPU – Adreno 540.
- Storage – 128 GB internal storage expandable to 256 GB
- Ram – 6 GB RAM.
- Rear Camera – 12 MP with f/1.7 aperture size, support for 4K video recording.
- Front Selfie Camera – 16 Megapixel camera with f/2.0 aperture.
- Squeezable Edges with the Edge Sense technology.
- Superior Audio Enhancement.
- Water and Dust resistant with IP 67 rating.
- Battery – Non-removable li-lon 3000 mAH battery (fast charging with Quick Charge 3.0)
- Sensors – Fingerprint embedded in the home button at the front.
- USB Type C – Port.
Google Pixel XL
This year’s Pixel 2s are already out. But you’d be forgiven to think they are overpriced than their US counterparts. Therefore, last year’s Pixel XL can be considered if you must have a Quad HD display with Google branding. You’ll also be getting a camera like no other. Plus, you are guaranteed one more year of fast OS updates.
- Display – 5.5 inch AMOLED capacitive touch display.
- Resolution – Offers 2560 x 1440 pixels resolution at 534 pixel density
- Comes with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection.
- Splash and dust protection
- Processor – Qualcomm Snapdragon 821, Quad core processor clocked at 2.35 GHz speed
- GPU – Adreno 530 GPU for gaming.
- Ram – 4 GB RAM.
- Storage – 32/128 GB internal storage with no SD card support.
- Rear camera – 12.3 MP rear camera at f/2.0 aperture with EIS, phase detection, laser auto focus & Dual-LED (Dual-tone) flash.
- Front selfie camera – 8 MP front camera at f/2.4 aperture, 1080p recording.
- Type C-1.0 reversible port
- Finger print sensor on the rear panel.
- Non-removable 3440 Li-ion mAh battery with Fast Charging.
The Nokia 8 is the latest flagship from Nokia this year. Nokia has packed the phone with the latest specs and put a killer price tag of Rs 35,999 on it. This makes it go head to head against the likes of OnePlus 5 and Mi MIX 2. Apart from that, it has Quad HD display and Zeiss optics. The Quad HD screen is a 5.3-inch size panel with 16:9 aspect ratio.
- 5.3-inch (2560×1440 pixels) Quad HD LCD display at 554ppi pixel density, sculpted Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection,
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 835, Adreno 540 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat),
- 13MP (Colour) primary camera with OIS + 13MP (Mono), ZEISS optics, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, dual tone flash
- 13MP auto focus front-facing camera with ZEISS optics, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture,
- Fingerprint sensor, Barometer
- 3.5mm headphone jack, 3 microphones, Nokia OZO 360° spatial surround sound
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, USB Type-C 3.1 Gen 1, NFC
- 3090mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
Other Quad HD Display Phones or 2K devices
- Lenovo Phab 2 Pro
- Moto Z
- LG V20
- HTC 10
- Honor 8 Pro
- Nokia 8
- LG G6
- Samsung Galaxy S7
- Huawei Mate 9 Porsche Design
- ZTE AXON 7
- LG G3
- Huawei Honor Note 8
- Le Eco Le Max 2
There are many more smartphones with Quad HD display phones that would make this list fairly long enough. But these are some of the best we’ve picked here. We also have other guides in the “Best Of” section that brings you the best of any particular category. Be sure to check it out. And let us know if you think a particular topic needs covering under this section. We will be happy to oblige.