At the near end of 2019, Samsung officially launched Galaxy A51 with Android 10 OS. The smartphone was the world’s highest-selling Android device in the first quarter of 2020. The phone features a 6.5-inch screen with up to 8GB RAM and 256GB of internal storage. Under the hood, it powers an octa-core processor based on Exynos 9611 chipset and Mali-G72 MP3 GPU. In the shooting department, the phone houses a quad rear camera with a 48MP primary sensor. For selfies, it houses a 32MP front snapper.
Must see: How to unarchive emails in Gmail
Note: This is an update tracker and will be updated regularly with the latest update releases for the device.
Samsung Galaxy A51 Updates Tracker
- [October 26, 2023]: Samsung Galaxy A51 is updating the phone with some One UI 5.1.1 features. The new Galaxy A51 update comes with the October 2023 security patch. The update is rolling out in the US.
- [July 05, 2023]: Samsung released the June 2023 security update to the Galaxy A51 and the Galaxy A51 5G. The latest software update for the carrier-locked version of the Galaxy A51 comes with firmware version A515USQUAFWF3 in the US. The new update for the carrier-locked version of the Galaxy A51 5G is now live with firmware version A516USQUDGWF1 on Metro PCS, Sprint, and T-Mobile networks in the US.
- [June 30, 2023]: The Galaxy A51 was updated to One UI version 5.1 in April, the June security patch is now rolling in on the device. And the firmware version A515FXXU7HWF1 and contains June 2023 security update.
- [April 24, 2023]: Samsung is now getting version 5.1 with which the Galaxy S23 version. It contains firmware version A515FXXU6HWC7. This is based on the security patches up to and including February 2023 security update.
- [April 20, 2023]: The latest software update for the Galaxy A51 5G bumps up the phone’s firmware version to A516BXXS6FWC1. It brings the April 2023 security patch that fixes over 60 security vulnerabilities found in Samsung phones, including the critical ones related to Exynos processors and modems.
- [March 21, 2023]: The Galaxy A51 5G has started getting the One UI 5.1 update in the US. Samsung Galaxy A51 started receiving A516USQUBGWC1 firmware update with the OneUI 5.1 update.
- [March 9, 2023]: The One UI 5.1 update for the Galaxy A51 5G comes with firmware version A516BXXU6FWB5. The update also brings the February 2023 security patch to the smartphone.
- [February 9, 2023]: Samsung has finally released the Android 13 update to the Galaxy A51 5G’s unlocked version in the US. The Android 13-based One UI 5.0 update for the Galaxy A51 5G’s unlocked version comes with firmware version A516U1UEU8FWA4.
- [January 9, 2023]: Samsung is rolling out a new update for the Galaxy A51 smartphone. The update comes with the firmware version A515FXXU5GWA2 and is rolling out as an OTA update. It is live in Australia and brings the January 2023 security patch to the device. The update optimizes privacy and improves the security of the smartphone.
- [December 12, 2022]: Samsung Galaxy A51 5G, the Android 13-based One UI 5.0 update comes with firmware version A516BXXU5EVL2. The update has been released in some European countries, including France, Switzerland, and the Nordic region and includes the December 2022 Security Patch.
- [December 06, 2022]: The update for the Galaxy A51 can be identified by firmware version A515FXXU5GVK6. The October 2022 security patch is included with the update.
- [December 02, 2022]: Xfinity Mobile has rolled out the Android 13 and One UI 5.0 update to the Galaxy A51 5G in the US via firmware version A516VSQU5FVK1.
- [October 17, 2022]: Verizon-based Galaxy A51 is receiving a new firmware update in the US featuring September 2022 Security Patch. The firmware version SP1A.210812.016.A515USQS8DVI1 is now rolling out and may reach all the devices in the next few hours.
- [October 4, 2022]: Verizon-based Galaxy A51 is receiving the August 2022 Security Patch via the firmware SP1A.210812.016.A516VSQS5EVI2.
The current software update:
Provides the most up to date Android security patches on your device.
Resolved an intermittent issue where the device didn’t receive text messages.
- [September 9, 2022]: A new update is rolling out for the Galaxy A51 with firmware version A515FXXU5FVG4. The build is rolling out in Germany weighing around 1GB in size. The huge update emphasizes improving device stability and reliability. However, the security patch level is maintained with July 2022 patch. Although it seems to improve the Galaxy security aspects.
- [July 21, 2022]: Samsung Galaxy A51 5G is picking up the month-old security patch, June 2022. The update arrives on firmware version A516BXXU5DVG4, which is currently rolling out in the Nordic region and Slovakia. Besides increasing the system privacy, the build also improves the device’s stability
- [June 28, 2022]: The carrier-unlocked model of the Galaxy A51 in the US is receiving the June 2022 security patch. The update arrives on firmware version A515U1UES7DVF1 in the US. Also, it might carry some general bug fixes and device stability improvements as well.
- [May 6, 2022]: Samsung Galaxy A51 smartphone in the US is getting the goodness of Android 12 OS. This further is tossed with the modifications of One UI 4.1 skin iteration. The build is rolling out for both carrier-unlocked and carrier-locked versions via firmware versions A515U1UEU7DVD4 and A515USQU7DVD3 respectively. In addition, the package fixes dozens of privacy and security vulnerabilities by inculcating March 2022 security patch.
- [April 13, 2022]: Galaxy A51 becomes the next device to receive the April 2022 security patch update. Arriving on firmware number A515FXXU5FVD2, the build is currently available for the LTE variants of smartphones in Russia.
- [March 29, 2022]: Samsung is finally releasing the latest Android 12 OS for the Galaxy A51. It is further tossed with One UI 4.1 customized skin, which is a pretty big deal. For now, the package is rolling out in Vietnam, the UAE, and Russia bundled with the firmware version A51xxXXU5FVC2.
- [March 2, 2022]: The Galaxy A51 is getting a new update with firmware version A515USQS7CVB1. It packs the February 2022 security patch and rolling out in the US on Xfinity Mobile’s network.
- [February 3, 2022]: February 2022 security patch is rolling out for the Galaxy A51. Arriving on the firmware version A515FXXS5EVA1, the update is currently rolling out in Latin America. The other regions could get the patch in the coming weeks.
- [December 29, 2021]: The Galaxy A71 becomes the first device from the company to get the January 2022 security patch. The build is rolling out in Malaysia and Russia via firmware version A515FXXU5EUL3.
- [November 29, 2021]: Samsung is releasing the November 2021 security patch to the Galaxy A51 in Netherlands and Belgium. The update bumps the firmware version to A515FXXU5EUJ4 weighing 740MB in size. Also, it adds a shortcut to access the Bedtime Mode.
- [October 22, 2021]: The Galaxy A51 is receiving a new software update that brings the October 2021 security patch. The update is rolling out in Asian markets including India, Nepal, Russia, and Sri Lanka via firmware version A515FXXU5EUJ2. The patch fixes over five dozen vulnerabilities related to privacy and security.
- [August 27, 2021]: The Galaxy A51 is receiving a new software update in Brazil. The build inculcates the August 2021 security patch to the device on the firmware version A515FXXU5EUG7. As per Samsung’s documentation, the patch addresses 40 privacy and security-related vulnerabilities. Alongside, it could also carry some device stability improvements.
- [June 22, 2021]: Samsung is finally sending the Android 11 update along with One UI 3.1 skin to the Galaxy A51 units in the US. The build arrives on firmware version A515U1UEU5CUF1. The software carries all the Android 11 goodies and the features of the new skin. Besides, it also inculcates the current security maintenance, June 2021 security patch. Click here to read more about this package.
- [June 10, 2021]: The US carrier variant of the Galaxy A51 is grabbing a new software update with May 2021 security patch. Presently, the update is limited to the Comcast network, but will soon roll out to others as well. The software bears the version number A515USQU6CUE2. According to Samsung’s documentation, the current maintenance includes 47 fixes from Google and 19 fixes from Samsung’s own One UI software.
- [April 30, 2021]: A day before the month beings, the Korean giant is releasing the May 2021 security patch to the Galaxy A51. The safety level arrives on build version A515FXXU4EUD7, which is currently limited to Russia. The other regions are expected to get a hit by next week or so. However, the official changelog is not yet revealed but it may resolve some common glitches. This is likely to be a minor bump in security maintenance and will not bring any new features for users.
- [March 30, 2021]: Samsung Galaxy A51 units in Russia have started grabbing the One UI 3.1 Skin update. The new build for the smartphone can be identified by firmware version A515FXXU4EUC8. Needless to say that it incorporates One UI 3.1 features like Eye Comfort Shield, video call effects, new camera features, refreshed UI, and much more. Click here to get more detail of the package.
- [March 24, 2021]: The Verizon-based Samsung Galaxy A51 5G devices have started picking a new update with the One UI 3.1 Skin. The software bears the build version RP1A.200720.012.A516VSQU2DUC1, which also packs the March 2021 Security Patch. Besides, the changelog mentions new Camera features, app enhancements, and new settings options. To know more about the new features, click here.
- [February 17, 2021]: Samsung is now rolling out the Android 11 update for Galaxy A51 in India with One UI 3.0 skin on the top. The latest update bears the build number version ending in DUB1 that weighs around 1.7 GB in size. Moreover, the package includes the February 2021 patch by Google. For more info with this update, visit here. To know the best of One UI 3.0, tap here.
- [February 17, 2021]: The T-Mobile’s Galaxy A51 5G users have started receiving the Android 11 based One UI 3.0 update on the firmware version A516USQU4CUA7. The new build comes with the new Security patch, new features, bug fixes, etc. Click here for a detailed changelog.
- [February 9, 2021]: Samsung is rolling out the stable Android 11 based One UI 3.0 Beta build update to the Galaxy A51 5G. The updated firmware will bring January 2021 security patch to the device. The changelog promises enhanced features like redesigning the Home screen and quick panel, reducing distractions, highlighting important information, and will make the user experience more consistent.
- [December 4, 2020]: The One UI 3.0 beta update started rolling out for Galaxy A51 5G. The Samsung Members and the A51 owners in Korea can now sign up for the beta program. Visit our dedicated page for further guidance.
- [May 7, 2020]: Samsung is sending out the new Android 10 based One UI 2.1 update for Galaxy A51. The latest firmware build also features April 2020 Security patch with various security fixes and tweaks, improving the overall experience. The new firmware version A515FXXU3BTD4 is rolling out to all the Galaxy A51 units across Afganisthan, Russia, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Turkey, Egypt, and Israel. It weighs over 1.25GB in size. If you are a Galaxy A51 user in any of these countries, click here.
Related: Samsung Galaxy A12 update tracker
As the update is having a phase-wise rollout, it may take some time to reach all the units. In the meantime, you can head to Settings > Software updates > Security updates to check the update manually. We also suggest you switch over to a WiFi network before downloading the update to avoid data charges.