Asus is just rolling out the latest Android Wear 1.4 based on marshmallow to Asus Zenwatch 2. The new firmware Update adds voice dictation for third-party messaging apps such as WhatsApp, plus wacky new gestures with which to perform the various functions of your watch.
Some of these feature is currently available only in select smart watches with built-in speaker support like the Huawei Watch, which is being seeded the latest update since last week.
The full change log of the next version of Wear is as follows:
- Ability to play sounds and take calls on watches with a speaker
- Support for sending WhatsApp, WeChat, Viber, Telegram, and Nextplus messages with your voice or via touch
- New gestures to control your watch with one hand
- Battery life improvements
- Language options for Mandarin, Cantonese, Indonesian, Polish, Dutch, and Thai