In the Q2 of 2020, Asus has unveiled both the ZenFone 7 and 7 Pro smartphones under the ZenFone 7 Series. Talking about the display, both the devices feature a 6.67-inch display with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels and Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection. In terms of camera, the ZenFone 7 Series houses a 64-MP + 8-MP + 12-MP triple rear side camera and a Motorized flip-up primary camera module front camera. Also, both the mobiles appear with a 5,000 mAh battery.
Related: Samsung Galaxy A30 Update Tracker
Note: This is an updates tracker and will be updated regularly with the Asus ZenFone 7 and 7 Pro smartphone updates.
Asus ZenFone 7 and 7 Pro Update Tracker
- [January 4, 2022]: Asus is releasing a new software update to the ZenFone 7 and 7 Pro in Japan. The update is live in Japan via the 18.104.22.168 firmware version. The build carries the December 2021 security patch and optimizes the system performance.
Google Security Patch Update (December 5, 2021)
Optimized performance settings
- [December 14, 2021]: The Japanese units of Asus ZenFone 7 and 7 Pro are again upgrading with the PDA number 22.214.171.124. This time, the build optimizes the performance and improves system stability.
Optimized performance settings and improves system stability
- [December 9, 2021]: ZenFone 7 and 7 Pro are grabbing a new build that bumps its security version to November 2021. Also, it improves system stability, ensuring a seamless performance. The update is rolling out in Japan via the 126.96.36.199 version.
- [October 27, 2021]: Asus is releasing a new software update for ZenFone 7 and 7 Pro on version number 188.8.131.52. The update carries the October 2021 security patch and several change changes that you can read below.
Google Security Patch Update (October 5, 2021)
Updated Google mobile service
“Customize volume limit” function is a newly added
Improvement of Japanese display
Improved performance when shooting video at 4K 60FPS
Improve Photo quality when taking photos with HDP function
- [June 7, 2021]: Asus ZenFone 7 series is again grabbing another software update with a couple of month-old security patches by Google, April 2021. The build can be identified with version number JP_184.108.40.206. It also carries some other changes that you can read here.
- [April 29, 2021]: Asus ZenFone 7 and 7 Pro are receiving another update on firmware version 220.127.116.11. It brings several improvements and fixes to the vulnerable issues of smartphones. Read the official changelog here.
- [April 15, 2021]: Asus is rolling out the stable Android 11 update to the ZenFone 7 series worldwide. The update carries firmware versions 18.104.22.168 weighing 1.2GB in size. Visit our dedicated article to know more about the update.
- [April 8, 2021]: Asus ZenFone 7 series is receiving another update with system stability and bug fixes in the camera app. The build can be identified with version number 22.214.171.124. Click here to know about the precise changes this package brings.
- [March 26, 2021]: Asus has now begun rolling out the Android 11 stable update to the Asus ZenFone 7 and ZenFone 7 Pro users. Version number 126.96.36.199 can recognize the update. At present, the company is turning out the update just in the Chinese markets. You can read more about the update here.
- [November 18, 2020]: The Asus ZenFone 7 Series ( 7 & 7 Pro) smartphones have started picking a new update with the latest Security patch, changes, and a few improvements. The update is bumping on the 188.8.131.52 Firmware version for Russia, Europe, and many other countries. Reportedly, the update doesn’t add any new features. The changelog of the update is as follows.
- Turned on the “Auto-download via Wi-Fi” setting in System update by default
- Updated Android securtiy patch
- Improved touch stability
- Improved camera stability
As this is the initial rollout of the update, it usually takes a couple of days to hit all the units. In the meanwhile, you can also head over the Settings>Software updates and check for updates to manually check the status of the update. Also, maintain at least 60-70% of charging before updating to avoid unnecessary interruptions.