In the Q2 of 2020, Asus has unveiled both the ZenFone 7 and 7 Pro smartphones under the ZenFone 7 Series. Talking about the display, both the devices feature a 6.67-inch display with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels and Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection. In terms of camera, the ZenFone 7 Series houses a 64-MP + 8-MP + 12-MP triple rear side camera and a Motorized flip-up primary camera module front camera. Also, both the mobiles appear with a 5,000 mAh battery.
Related: Samsung Galaxy A30 Update Tracker
Note: This is an updates tracker and will be updated regularly with the Asus ZenFone 7 and 7 Pro smartphone updates.
Asus ZenFone 7 and 7 Pro Update Tracker
- [August 30, 2022]: Asus ZenFone 7 duo is getting a new update that bumps the security maintenance to July 2022. The build also resolves a couple of issues, including the one where the screen could not be rolled properly and where the recorded calls could not be played properly. In addition, the camera’s HDR performance is optimized. All these changes are a part of the firmware version
- Google security patch update (July 5, 2022)
- Fixed an issue where the screen could not be scrolled properly
- Optimized the performance of the camera’s HDR function
- Fixed an issue that could prevent playback of recorded calls
- [July 15, 2022]: A new update is rolling out for the ZenFone 7 and ZenFone 7 Pro with firmware version 31.0210.0210.277. The package resolves the issue where the Quick settings panel turns black when using a VPN. Besides, it brings optimizes the Game Compatibility, System Stability, and Bluetooth Headset Compatibility.
- Optimized Game Compatibility
- Optimized System Stability
- Fix issue with Quick settings panel turning black when using VPN
- Optimized Bluetooth Headset Compatibility
- [April 29, 2022]: Asus ZenFone 7 and ZenFone 7 Pro are receiving a new update on firmware version 220.127.116.11. The build fixes the issue where the volume adjustment mode would pop up from time to time after rebooting.
- Fixed the issue that the volume adjustment mode would pop up from time to time after rebooting
- [March 28, 2022]: Asus is releasing a new update for the ZenFone 7 and 7 Pro on the firmware version 18.104.22.168. The build inculcates the February 2022 security patch and adds the “Asus & Classic” volume adjustment mode.
- Updated Android security patch to 2022-02-05
- Added “Asus & Classic” volume adjustment mode
- [February 22, 2022]: The ZenFone 7 and 7 Pro are getting a new update bearing the firmware version 22.214.171.124. The build is rolling out worldwide, including Japan, Russia, and Europe. Refer to the changelog below to know what it brings:
- [January 4, 2022]: Asus is releasing a new software update to the ZenFone 7 and 7 Pro in Japan. The update is live in Japan via the 126.96.36.199 firmware version. The build carries the December 2021 security patch and optimizes the system performance.
Google Security Patch Update (December 5, 2021)
Optimized performance settings
- [December 14, 2021]: The Japanese units of Asus ZenFone 7 and 7 Pro are again upgrading with the PDA number 188.8.131.52. This time, the build optimizes the performance and improves system stability.
Optimized performance settings and improves system stability
- [December 9, 2021]: ZenFone 7 and 7 Pro are grabbing a new build that bumps its security version to November 2021. Also, it improves system stability, ensuring a seamless performance. The update is rolling out in Japan via the 184.108.40.206 version.
- [October 27, 2021]: Asus is releasing a new software update for ZenFone 7 and 7 Pro on version number 220.127.116.11. The update carries the October 2021 security patch and several change changes that you can read below.
Google Security Patch Update (October 5, 2021)
Updated Google mobile service
“Customize volume limit” function is a newly added
Improvement of Japanese display
Improved performance when shooting video at 4K 60FPS
Improve Photo quality when taking photos with HDP function
- [June 7, 2021]: Asus ZenFone 7 series is again grabbing another software update with a couple of month-old security patches by Google, April 2021. The build can be identified with version number JP_18.104.22.168. It also carries some other changes that you can read here.
- [April 29, 2021]: Asus ZenFone 7 and 7 Pro are receiving another update on firmware version 22.214.171.124. It brings several improvements and fixes to the vulnerable issues of smartphones. Read the official changelog here.
- [April 15, 2021]: Asus is rolling out the stable Android 11 update to the ZenFone 7 series worldwide. The update carries firmware versions 126.96.36.199 weighing 1.2GB in size. Visit our dedicated article to know more about the update.
- [April 8, 2021]: Asus ZenFone 7 series is receiving another update with system stability and bug fixes in the camera app. The build can be identified with version number 188.8.131.52. Click here to know about the precise changes this package brings.
- [March 26, 2021]: Asus has now begun rolling out the Android 11 stable update to the Asus ZenFone 7 and ZenFone 7 Pro users. Version number 184.108.40.206 can recognize the update. At present, the company is turning out the update just in the Chinese markets. You can read more about the update here.
- [November 18, 2020]: The Asus ZenFone 7 Series ( 7 & 7 Pro) smartphones have started picking a new update with the latest Security patch, changes, and a few improvements. The update is bumping on the 220.127.116.11 Firmware version for Russia, Europe, and many other countries. Reportedly, the update doesn’t add any new features. The changelog of the update is as follows.
- Turned on the “Auto-download via Wi-Fi” setting in System update by default
- Updated Android securtiy patch
- Improved touch stability
- Improved camera stability
Related: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8/ 8 Pro Updates Tracker
As this is the initial rollout of the update, it usually takes a couple of days to hit all the units. In the meanwhile, you can also head over the Settings>Software updates and check for updates to manually check the status of the update. Also, maintain at least 60-70% of charging before updating to avoid unnecessary interruptions.