The Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G was released in September 2021 powering Snapdragon 778G 5G. The phone holds a 6.5 inch Super AMOLED screen protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 5. It offers Android 11 One UI 3.1 out of the box paired with up to 256GB storage and 8GB RAM. A 64 MP primary sensor leads the rear quad-camera setup while a 32 MP snapper is housed on the front side.
Note: This is an update tracker and will be updated regularly with the latest update releases for the device.
Galaxy A52s Updates Tracker
- [June 27, 2022]: The Galaxy A52s smartphone units in South Korea are now receiving the June 2022 security patch. The update bears the firmware version A528NKSU1CVF3. Alongside, it also packs a “Disallow all” option for app installation from unknown sources.
- [June 15, 2022]: The June 2022 security patch is now reaching out to the Galaxy A52s. Arriving on the firmware version A528BXXS1CVF1, the update is currently rolling out in Italy, Taiwan, the Netherlands, and the UK. More countries will get the build soon in the coming weeks.
- [May 13, 2022]: Samsung is spinning out the May 2022 security update to the Galaxy A52s 5G. The update is rolling out in multiple European countries with firmware version A528BXXU1CVE1.
- [April 1, 2022]: The Galaxy A52s is getting a new software update in Europe via firmware version A528BXXU1CVC6. The build bumps the skin version to One UI 4.1. Also, it integrates the current security maintenance, March 2022.
- [March 15, 2022]: Samsung Galaxy A52s is getting the March 2022 security patch via firmware version A528BXXS1BVC2. The update is rolling out in Austria, Bulgaria, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Nordic countries, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, South-East Europe, Spain, Switzerland, the Baltic region, the Czech Republic, the Netherlands, and the UK.
- [December 16, 2021]: Samsung is releasing December 2021 security patch update to the Galaxy A52s 5G. The build is rolling out in New Zealand through firmware version A528BXXS1AUL1. Soon, it could reach out to more markets as well.
- [November 22, 2021]: The November 2021 security patch is rolling out to the Galaxy A52s units in Peru. The build can be identified by the firmware version A528BXXS1AUK7. Besides increasing privacy, the update does not carry any other significant changes.
- [October 19, 2021]: The Galaxy A52s 5G is grabbing the October 2021 security patch via the firmware version A528BXXU1AUI8. The update is unfurling in Switzerland, Bulgaria, and Germany. It does not carry any other significant changes. But internally, the patch addresses over 60 privacy and security-related vulnerabilities.
- [September 11, 2021]: Samsung is releasing a new update for Galaxy A52s in India on the firmware version A528BXXU1AUH9, weighing 250MB in size. The package adds the RAM expansion feature but Samsung likes it to call RAM Plus. This allows the user to get an extra 4GB of RAM by using the device’s internal storage. Additionally, it also improves the camera stability.
- [September 10, 2021]: The Galaxy A52s 5G is receiving the current security maintenance, September 2021. Arriving on the firmware version A528BXXS1AUHA, the build is rolling out in Europe as of now. There’s nothing more significant to the new version, the patch addresses over 50 security and privacy-related vulnerabilities.
The OTA update will roll out in phases and if you did not receive it already, you must be in line to get it shortly. To check the update manually, you can go to Settings > Software update. Before you start downloading the update, make sure your device is charged at least 60%. Also, it is advisable to switch to a WiFi network if you’re on a limited data plan to avoid carrier data charges.