The Galaxy A 8.0 by Samsung is a mid-range device released in 2019 powering Android 9 Pie. It powers Snapdragon 429 under the hood paired with up to 64GB storage and 2GB RAM. The smartphone features an 8.0 inches TFT display housing a 2MP front camera. On the rear side, Galaxy Tab A 8.0 holds an 8MP shooter.
Must see: How to Setup Insignia TV
Note: This is an update tracker and will be updated frequently with the updates of the Galaxy Tab A 8.0
Galaxy Tab A 8.0 Update Tracker
- [July 5, 2021]: The July 2021 security patch update is rolling out to the Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (2019). The update arrives on firmware version T295XXU4CUF8. The latest build is limited to the LTE variant of the device in Bolivia, while other regions are expected to get a hit soon. This is a minor safety bump and does not bring any new additions, but internally it drives system fixes and stability.
- [June 29, 2021]: Samsung is expanding the Android 11 OS for the Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (2019) to few more markets with Core One UI 3.1. The fresh build arrives on firmware version T295XXU4CUF7. Presently, the update is rolling out in Bulgaria, Germany, Greece, Italy, Kazakhstan, Russia, Spain, Switzerland, the Netherlands, and the UK. Along with the major changes, the package also cultivates the May 2021 Android security patch. To know what more exciting this software brings, tap here.
- [June 2, 2021]: Samsung is sending Android 11 based Core One UI 3.1 to the Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (2019). Along with this, the software also brings May 2021 security patch. The latest update can be identified by firmware version P205DXU5CUE2 that weighs around 1.6GB in size. Currently, the build is rolling out in the Philippines for the LTE variant with model number SM-P205. It will shortly expand to other regions as well. Head here to know the precise details on the update.
- [July 2, 2020]: Samsung has started rolling out the Android 10 based One UI 2.0 update to the LTE variants of Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (2019). The device is updated to version P205DXU5BTFB. Alongside, it is also receiving the latest July 2020 security patch that enhances security and addresses vulnerabilities.
- [May 28, 2020]: Verizon-based Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 has started receiving the latest security patch. The new OTA update brings all the new security enhancements packed with May 2020 security patch. The update bears the version The new OTA firmware version T387VVRU2BTE4, will gradually roll out to all the Verizon-locked devices. Apart from the security patch, the latest update doesn’t include any significant changes to the devices.
- [May 12, 2017]: Samsung has started rolling out April 2020 security patch update the Galaxy Tab A 8.0 variants. The latest software arrives on the build number P350ZSU1BQD5. The update consists of important bug fixes, performance enhancements, and brings stability improvements for your device.
- [Samsung starts rolling out long-awaited Android Marshmallow update for Galaxy Tab A 8.0. Android 8.0 Marshmallow contains Update is currently hitting the WIFI models of Galaxy Tab A 8.0 in Australia. The Update Approximately weighs around 1.1GB in size. Alongside, the update also includes additional bug fixes, stability improvements, and speed optimizations, which are all targeted at improving a user’s experience when carrying out tasks that require the multitasking function.
The update is rolling out in batches to the different serial numbers. So, Galaxy Tab A 8.0 owners can expect the update notification to reach them anytime soon. Alternatively, you can also download the package manually. To do this, head to Settings > Software update, and click Download and install.