The Galaxy A31 is a mid-range Android smartphone developed by Samsung as part of their 2020 A-series smartphone lineup. The smartphone features a 6.4 inches Super AMOLED display. It equips Mediatek Helio P65 with up to 128GB storage and 8GB of RAM. There’s a rear quad-camera consisting of a 48MP primary sensor and a 20MP selfie shooter. The Galaxy A31 is a big bowl of “awesome” as per Samsung.
Note: This is an update tracker and will be updated regularly with the latest update releases for the device.
Samsung Galaxy A31 Update Tracker
- [August 23, 2021]: Samsung is sending the current security maintenance to the Galaxy A31. The build is rolling out in Brazil and Colombia on the firmware version A315GDXU1CUG5. The package does not bring any new additions. But internally, the August 2021 patch addresses 40 privacy and security-related vulnerabilities.
- [July 7th, 2021]: The July 2021 security patch is rolling out for the Galaxy A31 units in Brazil. The variants in other regions will also grab the package soon. The latest build is rolling out via firmware version A315GDXU1CUG1. This is a minor bump in safety level and does not carry any new additions. However, it fixes the much-reported Android Auto bug along with other privacy and security-related vulnerabilities
- [May 28, 2021]: The Galaxy A31 is grabbing the May 2021 Android security patch. The new software is rolling out with a build number A315NKSU1CUE2 that weighs 348 MB in size. The update is currently live in Korea, while other regions will also get a hit soon. As per the changelog, the package enhances the Quick Share feature and upgrades the Message function. Additionally, the Application of stabilization code related to terminal security has also been applied.
- [April 20, 2021]: The Galaxy A31 units in Korea are going to grab the Android 11 based One UI 3.1 skin. The latest build can be identified by the firmware version number A315NKSU1CUD3 that weighs around 2.03GB in size. The update arrives with the latest April 2021 Android security patch along with One UI 3.1 goodies. Head here to get more details of the firmware.
- [February 11, 2021]: Samsung is sending the February 2021 Security Patch to the Galaxy A31. The build bears the firmware version A315FXXU1BUA1 which is currently rolling out in Russia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine, and the Caucasus. The official changelog is not yet out but it will hopefully carry several bug fixes, enhancements, and improvements.
As usual, the OTA update is having a staged rollout. You can either wait for a pop-up notification regarding the new build or check it manually. To give it a self-check, head over to the Settings app > Software update and tap on Download and install. Also, we suggest you switch over to a WiFi network before downloading the update to avoid data charges.