The Galaxy A31 is a mid-range Android smartphone developed by Samsung as part of their 2020 A-series smartphone lineup. The smartphone features a 6.4 inches Super AMOLED display. It equips Mediatek Helio P65 with up to 128GB storage and 8GB of RAM. There’s a rear quad-camera consisting of a 48MP primary sensor and a 20MP selfie shooter. The Galaxy A31 is a big bowl of “awesome” as per Samsung.
Note: This is an update tracker and will be updated regularly with the latest update releases for the device.
Samsung Galaxy A31 Update Tracker
- [June 30, 2023]: Samsung has rolled out the June 2023 security update to the Galaxy A31. The firmware versions for the Galaxy A31 June update firmware version is A315FXXS3DWF1 and the new updates only bring security improvements.
- [January 19, 2023]: Samsung has released the Android 12-based One UI 4.1 update for your phone. The January 2023 security patch update for the Galaxy A31 is rolling out with the firmware version A315FXXS2DWA2.
- [May 11, 2022]: Samsung is spinning out the goodness of Android 12 along with the One UI 4.1 skin iteration. The package is rolling out in Russia with firmware version A315FXXU1DVD8. In addition, it packs the April 2022 security patch as well.
- [March 24, 2022]: The Galaxy A31 smartphone is getting the current security maintenance, March 2022. The update is rolling out in Brazil via firmware version A315GDXC1CVC3.
- [February 16, 2022]: Samsung is releasing the January 2022 security patch to the Galaxy A31 via the firmware version A315FXXU1CVA1. It is currently rolling out in Afghanistan, the Caucasus region, Egypt, Iraq, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Libya, Nigeria, Pakistan, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, the UAE, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan.
- [November 23, 2021]: The smartphone is now receiving the November Security 2021 patch via the firmware version A315FXXS1CUK2. It fixes several security vulnerabilities. The update is currently live in Some Asian countries.
- [October 22, 2021]: The Galaxy A31 is receiving a new software update that adds October 2021 security patch. Arriving on the firmware version A315GDXS1CUJ4, the update is rolling out in several Latin American markets. The patch fixes over 60 security and privacy-related vulnerabilities.
- [August 23, 2021]: Samsung is sending the current security maintenance to the Galaxy A31. The build is rolling out in Brazil and Colombia on the firmware version A315GDXU1CUG5. The package does not bring any new additions. But internally, the August 2021 patch addresses 40 privacy and security-related vulnerabilities.
- [July 7th, 2021]: The July 2021 security patch is rolling out for the Galaxy A31 units in Brazil. The variants in other regions will also grab the package soon. The latest build is rolling out via firmware version A315GDXU1CUG1. This is a minor bump in safety level and does not carry any new additions. However, it fixes the much-reported Android Auto bug along with other privacy and security-related vulnerabilities
- [May 28, 2021]: The Galaxy A31 is grabbing the May 2021 Android security patch. The new software is rolling out with a build number A315NKSU1CUE2 that weighs 348 MB in size. The update is currently live in Korea, while other regions will also get a hit soon. As per the changelog, the package enhances the Quick Share feature and upgrades the Message function. Additionally, the Application of stabilization code related to terminal security has also been applied.
- [April 20, 2021]: The Galaxy A31 units in Korea are going to grab the Android 11 based One UI 3.1 skin. The latest build can be identified by the firmware version number A315NKSU1CUD3 that weighs around 2.03GB in size. The update arrives with the latest April 2021 Android security patch along with One UI 3.1 goodies. Head here to get more details of the firmware.
- [February 11, 2021]: Samsung is sending the February 2021 Security Patch to the Galaxy A31. The build bears the firmware version A315FXXU1BUA1 which is currently rolling out in Russia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine, and the Caucasus. The official changelog is not yet out but it will hopefully carry several bug fixes, enhancements, and improvements.
As usual, the OTA update is having a staged rollout. You can either wait for a pop-up notification regarding the new build or check it manually. To give it a self-check, head over to the Settings app > Software update and tap on Download and install. Also, we suggest you switch over to a WiFi network before downloading the update to avoid data charges.