Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 was disclosed last year on August 5 holding a 7.6-inch screen size with a Foldable Dynamic AMOLED 2X display. As per records, the smartphone’s pre-bookings were four times that of Galaxy Fold. It runs on Android 10 out of the box with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865+ chipset. The device features a triple rear camera, all consisting of 12MP sensors and a single 10MP selfie lens.
Note: This is an update tracker and will be updated regularly with the latest update releases for the Galaxy Z Fold 2.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 Update Tracker
- [June 8, 2021]: The Galaxy Z Fold 2 is grabbing the current security maintenance, June 2021 patch. The update arrives on firmware version F916BXXS1DUE5, which is currently live in Ukraine. The other countries will also get a hit by the next couple of weeks. The update does not bring any major changes to the device. Also, Samsung is yet to publish detailed documentation regarding this security patch.
- [May 3, 2021]: Samsung is releasing the April 2021 Android security patch to the 5G units of Galaxy Z Fold 2. The new software arrives on build version F916USQU1DUCE, which is currently limited to Sprint’s and T-Mobile’s network in the USA. With the bump in safety level, comes enhanced system stability and numerous bug fixes. Besides more than 30 glitches fixed by Google, Samsung fixes 21 other critical security vulnerabilities. The changelog also mentions improvement in the camera app:
ο Ability to use the ultrawide camera in Pro and Pro Video modes.
ο The camera can also detect low-light conditions and automatically activate the Night Mode feature in Photo, Portrait, and Hyperlapse modes.
ο There are three new Portrait effects: Backdrop, High-Key Mono, and Low-Key Mono.
- [March 31, 2021]: Samsung has now started sending the April 2021 Security Patch update to the 4G units of Galaxy Z Fold 2. The latest build arrives on the firmware version F916BXXU1DUCE. This is a minor bump in the security level, it doesn’t include any significant changes apart from the bug fixes, improvements for apps & system performance, optimizations, etc. The update for Galaxy Z Fold 2 brings improvements for the camera for better ISO performance in low-light mode.
- [March 30, 2021]: After rolling the update to Verizon and German units of Galaxy Z Fold 2, both locked and unlocked variants of the T-Mobile Galaxy Z Fold 2 are getting the Android 11 based One UI 3.1 update. The latest software brings enhancements in several apps including cameras, calendars, displays, and more. For more details on the update, Click here.
- [March 15, 2021]: Galaxy Note 10 lineup were the first smartphones from the company to receive the March 2021 security patch. Now, the updated train has reached the Galaxy Z Fold 2 in China. Identified by firmware version F9160ZCS1DUC1, the latest update drives enhanced system stability and numerous bug fixes. Besides the glitches fixed by Google, Samsung fixes 19 other vulnerabilities such as notification screen leaks and unprotected clipboard contents being shared across apps in an irresponsible manner. Click here to go to our dedicated page for the update.
- [February 21, 2021]: Samsung is sending out its customized One UI 3.1 skin to the Galaxy Z Fold 2users. Though One UI 3.1 is based on Android 11, it includes some extra features like camera improvements such as enhanced single take mode, an object eraser, and video call effects for some apps. Tap here to know more about the new skin by the company.
- [February 18, 2021]: Samsung is seeding out the update to the foldable smartphones— Galaxy Z Flip, Galaxy Z Flip 5G, and the Galaxy Z Fold 2. The device is getting the updated firmware version F916BXXU1DUB5 in Germany. The brand new One UI 3.1 brings updated features to smartphones such as Private Share, object eraser tool, improved Single Take mode in the camera, and the ability to remove location data from images while sharing them. For more about the build, click here.
- [January 11, 2021]: Samsung has started seeding out the One UI 3.0 Stable update to the Galaxy Z Fold 2 devices. The build bears the firmware version F916BXXU1CTLL and is currently rolling out in Germany. The One UI 3.0 update comes with January 2020 Security Patch, Android 11 & One UI 3.0 goodness, bug fixes, enhancements, and improvements. Visit here for more on this update.
As the update is having a phase-wise rollout, it may take some time to reach all the units. In the meantime, you can head to Settings > Software updates > Security updates to check the update manually. We also suggest you switch over to a WiFi network before downloading the update to avoid data charges.