At the Galaxy Unpacked event on August 2022, Samsung unveiled the Galaxy Z Flip 4 and Galaxy Z Fold 4. The smartphone equips the Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SoC underneath. At the front, they hold a foldable Dynamic AMOLED 2X display with a 120Hz refresh rate and HDR10+ resolution. For detailed specs and features, visit our dedicated article. Here on this page, we have created a list of updates that the company has released for the foldable.
Make sure to visit: Download Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 Wallpapers [Static + Live]
Note: This is a tracker update and the page will be refreshed with every new build released for the Galaxy Z Flip 4 and Galaxy Z Fold 4.
Galaxy Z Flip 4/ Z Fold 4 Updates Tracker
- [January 19, 2023]: Samsung released the January 2023 security patch to the Galaxy Z Fold 4 and the Galaxy Z Flip 4. The latest update for the Galaxy Z Fold 4 (SM-F936U1) carries firmware version F936U1UES1BWA2. The update for the Galaxy Z Flip 4 has firmware version F721U1UES1BWA2. These new updates bring January 2023 security patch which contains fixes for more than fifty security issues.
- [January 18, 2023]: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 smartphone users are now getting the January 2023 security patch update in Europe. The January 2023 security patch for the Galaxy Z Fold 4 comes with firmware version F936BXXS1BWA2.
- [January 13, 2023]: Samsung is rolling out a new update for Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Flip 4 smartphones. The update brings 360-degree audio with Galaxy Buds 2 pro. We have written a detailed article explaining the same.
- [December 28, 2022]: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 second firmware update is rolling out with the firmware version F936BXXU1BVL7 and contains December 2022 Security Patch.
- [November 11, 2022]: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 units in the US are finally receiving the stable OneUI 5.0 update. The update arrives via the firmware version F936U1UEU1BVK3.
The current software update provides in the US for Owners of unlocked Galaxy Z Fold 4 models enrolled in the One UI 5.0 beta program.
- [November 07, 2022]: Samsung is rolling out a new software update for the Galaxy Z Flip 4 carrying the November 2022 Security Patch update. The firmware F721BXXS1AVJE is rolling out to the devices in Ireland. If not received it yet, then make sure to head over to Settings -> Software update -> Download and install.
- [October 18, 2022]: Samsung OneUI 5.0 Beta Program is live for Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Galaxy Z Flip 4 in South Korea, India and the UK. Interested users can head over to the Samsung Community to roll in for the Beta update. However, you need to sign in after downloading the Samsung Community App, and then a thread will be about the Open Beta program for your device in the respective countries.
- [October 17, 2022]: Verizon-based Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Galaxy Z Flip 4 are running receiving October 2022, Security patch in the US. The firmware version SP2A.220305.013.F936USQS1AVII is rolling out for Galaxy Z Fold 4 andSP2A.220305.013.F721USQS1AVII for Galaxy Z Flip 4 is bringing the security patch along with some other changes.
- [October 13, 2022]: Samsung is upgrading the Galaxy Z Fold 4 with October 2022 security patch. The update is rolling out in Israel with firmware version F936BXXS1AVJ3. It resolves 47 security vulnerabilities. Besides, it can also include some general bug fixes and device stability improvements.
- [October 3, 2022]: Verizon-based Galaxy Z Fold4 is receiving September 2022 Security Patch in the United States. The firmware version F936USQU1AVIG brings performance improvements along with the new security patch. Below is the official changelog:
The current software update provides performance improvements and the most up to date Android security patches on your device.
- [September 1, 2022]: Samsung is releasing the first update for the new Galaxy foldables in South Korea and the US. The build improves the system stability via firmware version F721BXXU1AVHH for the Galaxy Z Flip 4. For the Galaxy Z Fold 4, the package bumps the version number to F936BXXU1AVHH. Unfortunately, the security patch level remains at July 2022. Anyway, this first update may come pre-installed with your new device.
All of the updates are rolling out in phases. Accordingly, it may take some time to reach all the units. In the meantime, you can also trigger the build manually. To do so, visit Settings > Software updates and check for the update manually. Lastly, we recommend you switch over to a WiFi network before flashing the update to avoid carrier data charges.