Google is rolling out a new software update for Pixel smartphones carrying the latest security patch and several other fixes and improvements. The Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro are getting the fix for the display flickering issue under certain conditions, meanwhile, the Pixel 6 series is improving on the battery drain issue.
There are other optimizations and fixes for certain apps which were causing issues such as more power consumption and certain editing features.
However, Pixel devices like Pixel 4a, Pixel 4a, Pixel 5, Pixel 5a, Pixel 6, Pixel 6 Pro, Pixel 6a, Pixel 7, and Pixel 7 Pro (Unlocked and Verizon-based) are receiving the November 2022 Security Patch.
Below are the official changelog and firmware version details:
- Pixel 4a: TP1A.221105.002
- Pixel 4a (5G): TP1A.221105.002
- Pixel 5: TP1A.221105.002
- Pixel 5a (5G): TP1A.221105.002
- Pixel 6: TP1A.221105.002
- Pixel 6 Pro: TP1A.221105.002
- Pixel 6a: TP1A.221105.002
- Pixel 7: TD1A.221105.001
- Pixel 7 Pro: TD1A.221105.001Verizon (US)
- Pixel 7: TD1A.221105.003
- Pixel 7 Pro: TD1A.221105.003What’s includedThe November 2022 update includes bug fixes and improvements for Pixel users – see below for details.Battery & Charging
- Fix for issue causing increased power consumption while certain apps installed *Display & Graphics
- Fix for issue occasionally causing green display flicker in in certain conditions *
- Optimizations for display power consumption to improve thermal performance in certain conditions *System
- Fix for issue occasionally causing Photos app to crash when using certain editing features *—————————————————————Device ApplicabilityFixes are available for all supported Pixel devices unless otherwise indicated below.* Included on Pixel 6, Pixel 6 Pro & Pixel 6a* Included on Pixel 7 & Pixel 7 Pro
The update is gradually rolling out to all the compatible Pixel smartphones across the globe. It may take some time to reach each unit. However, the users can manually check for the update by heading to the Settings Menu, About, and then Check for the updates.
Google recently unveiled the November 2022 Play System update which brings several new changes and improvements to the Play Store services on Android devices.