Google unwrapped its next hardware line at the “Made by Google Event’22“. The major products unveiled are the Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro. The lineup is considered to be the smoothest Android smartphone of the year, thanks to the Google Tensor G2 chipset. Also, it is the first one to run Android 13 out of the box. However, we all know that all software and hardware are bound to have some glitches, and so are the Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro. Here is a list of such bugs and issues and their workarounds (if any).
Make sure to visit: The Best Google Pixel 7 Alternatives in India
Google Pixel 7 & Pixel 7 Pro Bugs and Issues Tracker
Google Pixel 7 and 7 Pro rear camera glass allegedly shattered without dropping
A few Google Pixel 7 and 7 Pro users have reported that their rear camera glass is shattering. The reported users confirm that they haven’t dropped their smartphones. One user said the glass shattered when he took the phone from his pocket. There are reports that Google is aware of the situation, and their team is working on it to bring a solution.
However, Google is yet to find the cause of the problem. Google has offered a free replacement for some users. But some still struggle with getting replaced. Google is yet to comment on the situation officially.
Here’s a link to a Reddit thread to report such incidents and gather more information about the same issue.
Google Play System Update not working
Google Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro users are facing an inability to update the Google Play Services version. All the units are prone to this issue, and we expect a fix in the coming few days.
- Google has fixed the issue via the Play Services Update on the Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro. After recent amendments in the October System Update, the issue seems to be fixed on both smartphones.
Pixel Stand Issues with Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro
Pixel 7 is reportedly receiving incompatibility issues with Pixel Stand. As per a user on Reddit, the Pixel 7 is unable to complete the setup process for Pixel Stand. Moreover, the wireless charger also does not work. Every time, the phone is placed on Stand, it asks for setup, but reaching the step where the user has to pick Hoem OCntrol devices, the setup restarts.
- There’s no fix available for the issues.
Scrolling Issue on Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro Display
Just after the launch, Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro issues are being reported by users on Reddit. In the latest, the users are getting abnormal scrolling issues on both devices. However, some got it fixed after the recent update, but for some, the issue persists even after the update.
- However, the issue doesn’t seem to be with the device, it could be due to the 120Hz refresh rate. The users from the 60Hz environment will feel it a bit different and that might be reflected as inappropriate scrolling. The phones are calibrated differently to compensate for the 120Hz display, so they might be there.
- Apart from this, the users have even reported that the issue is fixed after recent update.
- Or, the users can try it with standard smoothness settings.
Android WebView & Google Play system updates failing
Several Pixel 7 and 7 Pro users are getting a warning that the frameworks are outdated and need an update. However, their Android Webview and Google Play system are not updating. The update is stuck on July 2022 and it keeps failing while installation.
- Reportedly, the company did not acknowledge the issue yet. However, we expect it to address soon. Meanwhile, you can try disabling auto-update and then try updating manually after reopening the play store.
Disabled support for 32-bit apps
Apparently, the users are unable to sideload certain applications on their Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro. Specifically, the 32-bit game and apps are getting failed to install. The prompt reads “isn’t compatible with your phone”. Moreover, this is despite the fact that the Pixel 7 still ships with 32-bit system libraries.
- Unfortunately, there is no workaround for this issue yet. But we will make sure to let you know if we fund any. In case you do, do not forget to mention it in the comments section below.
Face unlock unsupported by banking apps
As per a thread on Reddit, Pixel 7 Pro users are unable to use the face unlock feature while using the banking applications. It could be due to unreliable hardware, but still frustrating. For now, the feature is solely for phone unlocking purposes. You can also read our dedicated article on this.
- Now that the issue has been emerging with so many users, we can hope that the company will soon resolve this with future developments. For now, there’s no workaround either.
Camera app keeps crashing/stopping
Those who have got their hands on the new Pixel 7 or Pixel 7 Pro are facing a problem where the camera app is either crashing, not working, or keeps stopping. This could be a major setback for the device as the camera app on the Pixel 7 Pro is said to be the best one so far. In fact, reports claim that it is better than iPhone 14 Pro.
- The camera crashing issue might have bugged you a lot. To get rid of it, all you have to do is open the Play Store and install the 218 MB update for the camera app.
High Battery Drainage
Google Pixel 7 and 7 Pro equip a top-notch processor to provide the user with better results. However, this can result in draining the battery faster. The users have noticed that the screen time is less than five hours. To extend it longer, here are some common workarounds you can consider.
- Turn Off the Auto brightness feature
- Uncheck Show Notification of useless apps.
- Turn Off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, and mobile hotspot when not in use
- Reduce screen time to 15/30 seconds.
- Check out official software updates.
- Don’t overcharge the phone.