Every month, Google rolls out updates to its services, including Android, Wear OS, Android TV, and other platforms. Likewise, the tech giant has released the July 2022 update to its Play system. The latest update brings along some new features, improvements to the existing ones, as well as some bug fixes. Let’s check out the July 2022 update in detail.
Must see: Download GCam 8.5 APK [Link Included]
The July update for the Google Play System has arrived later than usual. Anyway, it carries multiple changes, including rebranding Google Pay to “Google Wallet” and improving the Google Play billing. Also, it brings some new ways to offer “seamless multi-device experiences.”
In addition, there are plenty of other changes, including the new UI in the “Data & Privacy” section. This follows multiple improvements like in the Play-as-you-download feature, Play Pass, and Play Points programs, as some bug fixes. Besides, there’s a new developer feature that supports Maps-related developer services in their apps. For point-to-point modifications, check out the official changelog below.
- [Phone] The section headers in the Data & Privacy tab of the Google account settings have a new appearance.
- [Phone] APIs for developers to build seamless multi-device experiences.
Google Play Store
- Improvements to the Play-as-you-download feature to let gamers start playing mobile games while the app download continues to reduce waiting times.
- New Features to help you discover the Apps & Games you love.
- Optimizations allow faster and more reliable download and installation.
- New features to the Play Pass and Play Points programs.
- Enhancements to Google Play Billing.
- Continuous improvements to Play Protect to keep your device safe.
- Various performance optimizations, bug fixes, and improvements to security, stability, and accessibility.
- [Phone] Provide an ability to filter the data plans available to purchase by various categories received from the Carrier.
- [Phone] Updates user experience to latest Google Material design, rebrands as “Google Wallet”.
- New developer features for Google and third-party app developers to support Maps-related developer services in their apps.
Read more: Chromecast with Google TV finally launched in India for ₹6,399
To check the update, directly visit your Play Store listing. To update the Play Store, tap your avatar in the right corner > Settings > About > Update Play Store. Alternatively, you can also visit the device’s Settings app, About phone > Android version > Google Play system update.