HBO Max and Chromecast, both are famous for the service they provide. Chromecast has become one of the leading streaming devices and HBO Max, which is pretty new to the market has made a solid place for itself. Most of the time they work flawlessly, but sometimes, they may spoil the mood due to some inadvertent issues. So, here’s a guide to fix HBO Max not working on Chromecast issue. Also, with the integration of Discovery Plus, HBO Max will increase the amount of content available to users. So, we might see another streaming giant on the rise.
If you use Chromecast and HBO Max, then you know that HBO Max has to be cast on Chromecast using another device. And, both work wonderfully together mostly, however, sometimes, you may run into some problems, which will not allow you to use HBO Max on Chromecast. There are many complaints regarding HBO Max not working on Chromecast and if you are also facing the same issue, you have come to the right place. In this article, we are going to show you how to fix HBO Max not working on Chromecast.
Steps to Fix HBO Max not working on Chromecast
There are many reasons why HBO Max might not be working on Chromecast such as internet, login credentials, and more. We will provide you with many solutions you can try and one of them will surely work for you. But, before you start fixing the problem, make sure that the problem is not from the server side as you won’t be able to do anything in such a case. So, let us begin to troubleshoot the issue
Restart your device
Restarting the device solves any problem in most cases, so, doing a restart will be the best way to fix problems. Restart your Chromecast and the device you are using for casting HBO Max on Chromecast and try to use it now. If the issue still exists, try the next method.
The internet connection can be a major cause for this problem as HBO Max might not be running due to a slow connection. Make sure you are having a proper internet connection, and check the internet speed from different speed-checking websites. If there is an issue with the internet try restarting the router. Also, make sure that Chromecast and the device used for casting are on the same wifi network.
Fixing HBO Max
If you have tried the solutions above and the issue still exists, you should try to fix the issue by fixing HBO Max. There are several things you can try to fix the issue with the HBO Max app on your device, Here is the list of things you can try.
- Update the HBO Max app on your device. Updating the app fixes most issues with the app and provides the latest features available.
- Clearing app cache and data
- Go to the settings of your device and click on Apps. Select HBO Max from the list and click on storage. Now, click on clear cache and clear data.
- If you are using an iOS device. Open Settings, go to General and select iPhone Storage. Select HBO Max and tap on the Offload app.
- Changing the login credentials
- Open HBO Max in your browser and click on Forgot Password. Enter the details associated with the HBO Max account like email id.
- You will receive a link to reset your password on the provided email id. Click on the link and reset your password.
- Now try to use the HBO Max app with the new login credentials.
If fixing the HBO Max app doesn’t work for you, try to fix the issue from the Chromecast side. Just like HBO Max, you try many things on your Chromecast to fix the issue. Here is the list of things you can try.
- Reboot your Chromecast to update it
- Make sure you are having a stable internet connection and Chromecast is connected to it.
- Open the Google Home app on the device you are using for casting and go to the Settings menu.
- select the Reboot option. Your Chromecast device will restart and will automatically start updating.
- Rename your Chromecast
- Open the Google Home app and make sure the streaming device and the Chromecast are connected to the same network.
- Go to the Devices tab and select your Chromecast device from the list.
- Click on the Device Settings from the drop-down menu.
- All the options to make changes to your Chromecast devices will be present there. Rename your device and click OK.
- Now try to cast HBO Max by selecting the Chromecast device with the new name.
- Reset Chromecast
- Make sure the Chromecast device is connected to the TV.
- Find the reset button on your Chromecast device and press it for 25 secs.
- Once the LED starts blinking release the reset button.
- The Chromecast device will restart after resetting.
You can also reset the Chromecast device using the Google Home app. Follow the steps below to reset Chromecast using the Google Home app.
- Open the Google Home app.
- Tap on the Chromecast device and go to the Settings menu.
- Click on the Factory Reset option and your Chromecast device will be reset.
These were the solutions you can try to solve the issue with your HBO Max and Chromecast device. If the issue still exists then try contacting customer service, also you can request a solution from the officials at the company. Hope the solutions above are enough to fix HBO Max not working on Chromecast issue for you and you don’t need to contact customer service. If there is some other issue you are facing, do let us know in the comment section below.