ASUS unveiled the Zenfone 6 back in May 2019 in Europe. Eventually, the phone was launched in other markets in the following weeks and months. If you are one of those Zenfone 6 users and wants to root your phone, then you are in the right place. Here in this article, we will guide you step by step on how to root ASUS Zenfone 6.
Zenfone 6 is ASUS’ flagship smartphone for the year 2019. Hence, it comes equipped with Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 coupled with either 6GB or 8GB of RAM. As far as internal storage is concerned, the phone comes in 128GB and 256GB storage variants. At the front, the device sports a 6.4-inches FHD+ (1080 x 2340 pixels) HDR10 enabled IPS LCD display with Gorilla Glass 6 protection.
The most exciting feature of the Zenfone 6 is its motorized rotating camera module. The camera setup consists of a 48MP Sony IMX586 primary sensor and a 13MP ultrawide secondary sensor. Since the whole camera module is rotatable, the same is used for selfies and video calls. Other notable features of the Zenfone 6 include stereo speakers, dedicated microSD card slot, USB type-C, Quick Charge 4.0 (18W fast charging), 10W reverse charging, Android 9.0 Pie, and a monstrous 5,000 mAh battery.
Now as we are done with the specifications of the ASUS Zenfone 6, let us go through the guide on how to root it. Do note that we are not responsible if anything goes wrong. Hence, proceed with caution as this process will void your phone’s warranty. Make sure to follow the steps properly to avoid any error.
- Windows PC / Laptop
- USB cable
- ADB and Fastboot
- Qualcomm drivers
- Custom Recovery
- Unlocked bootloader
How to root ASUS Zenfone 6
To root ASUS Zenfone 6, you must first unlock its bootloader. If you have not done it yet, then do go through our guide on the same to complete that procedure. If you have already unlocked your Zenfone 6’s bootloader, then follow the steps mentioned below to root it.
- Download the latest working custom recovery for Zenfone 6.
- Copy the recovery img file to the ADB and fastboot directory on your PC / Laptop.
- Download the latest stable Magisk from here and copy it to your phone.
- Make sure to enable USB debugging on your device and connect it to your machine.
- Open command prompt in the ADB and fastboot directory and type the following commands one by one.
If you don’t want to flash the custom recovery but simply boot it for the purpose of rooting,
adb reboot bootloader fastboot boot RECOVERY_FILE_NAME.img
If you want to flash the custom recovery,
adb reboot bootloader fastboot flash recovery RECOVERY_FILE_NAME.img
- If you have flashed the custom recovery, then boot into it by holding down the volume up key and power key simultaneously for a few seconds.
- Once you are in the recovery, go to Install and select the downloaded Magisk zip file to install it.
- After the installation of Magisk, simply reboot your phone by selecting the reboot system option or long pressing the power key.
- That’s it, you have successfully rooted your ASUS Zenfone 6.
If you are facing difficulties or have any doubt, then do mention them in the comment section below. We will try our best to resolve your issue as soon as possible.