In Q2 of 2019, Asus has officially launched the ZenFone 6 smartphone by featuring a 6.4-inch display with a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels. Moreover, the device is powered by an Octa-core Processor-based Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 (7 nm) Chipset and Adreno 640 GPU. In-camera, there’s a 48-MP + 13-MP dual rear camera and a Motorized flip-up main camera module for selfies and video calling. The device is available in 6/8GB of RAM and 64/128/256GB of internal storage.
Related: Samsung Galaxy A50s and A70 receiving One UI 2.5 update along with November 2020 Security patch.
Note: This is an updates tracker and will be updated regularly with the Asus ZenFone 6 smartphone updates.
Asus ZenFone 6 Update Tracker
- [January 13, 2020]: The Taiwan giant – Asus has started rolling out a new update to the ZenFone 6 users on the 18.0610.2101.127 Firmware version. As per the release note, the update brings the fixes for known issues and also adds a few changes to the system. Apart from these, the company has not added any new features to the device. As of now, this update is currently rolling out in India, Russian, and other selected countries.
- [January 06, 2021]: The Asus ZenFone 6 users have finally started experiencing the Android 11 update in Europe, Russia, India, and other markets. The update bears the 18.0610.2011.107 Firmware version and comes with a bunch of changelogs. According to the changelog, the update brings support for many apps, new UI, improvements, and much more. However, you will be undergoing all the changes while using your device. The changelog of this update is as follows.
Upgraded system to Android 11
Please back up your data before upgrading to Android 11. If you need to go back Android 10,please refer to the official website that remeber it will erase all data from your device.
Some 3rd party apps are not compatible with Android 11.
Removed Private Listening, ZenUI Help, and one hand mode
Integrated PowerMaster features into Battery Settings. Removed Avast scanning engine.
Removed Smart group, Icon alignment and Icon packs functions in Launcher. Allowed to organize app icons across screens after tapping empty area
Implement new ZenUI design and features
Improvement of the Quick Settings panel design, and support media control. Removed Multi-window tile and added Nearby Share tile (Need to add manually)
“Auto-download and install via Wi-Fi” is always on in System when upgraded.
Support navigation gestures for 3rd-party launcher.
- [December 22, 2020]: The Taiwan giant – Asus has started seeding out the November 2020 Security patch update to the ZenFone 6 users. The update is rolling out on the 17.1810.2011.183 Firmware version, and as of now, it is currently limited only to Europe, Russia, Japan, and Indian users. Apart from the November 2020 Security patch, reportedly, the company has not added any new features to the device. For precise information, we have dropped the update changelog below.
Updated to November 2020 Android security patch
Enabled VoLTE on T-Mobile (US)
- [November 20, 2020]: The Asus ZenFone 6 devices have started experiencing a new update with the October 2020 Security patch. Apart from the October 2020 Security patch, the update doesn’t come with any new features or fixes, optimizations, etc. So, this update is only meant to increase the Security patch level of the smartphone. As of now, the update is only rolling out in Europe, Japan, India, etc.
- [August 13, 2020]: The August 2020 Security patch update has started hitting all the ZenFone 6 users on the 17.1810.2008.171 Firmware version. Apart from the August 2020 Security patch, the update doesn’t feature any changes. You can check our dedicated article to find out more details about this update.
- [July 14, 2020]: Asus has started spinning out the July 2020 Security patch update for the ZenFone 6 devices. The update bears the 17.1810.2007.165 Firmware version and weighs nearly 78.65MB in size. As per the changelog, the update adds the latest Security patch, improvements, optimizations, etc. Click here to know more details about this update.
- [April 6, 2020]: The March 2020 Security patch update has started rolling out for the Asus ZenFone 6 users. The update is bumping on the 17.1810.2003.144, and it comes with the latest Security patch, optimizations, new add-ons, etc. More details about this update can be found in our dedicated article.
The update is rolling out in a staged manner, which means a set of random users will start getting the update now. After the successful verification, everyone will be experiencing the update within a week. Meanwhile, you can navigate to Settings>Software updates and check for updates to check the update status manually.