In Q2 of 2019, Asus has officially launched the ZenFone 6 smartphone by featuring a 6.4-inch display with a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels. Moreover, the device is powered by an Octa-core Processor-based Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 (7 nm) Chipset and Adreno 640 GPU. In-camera, there’s a 48-MP + 13-MP dual rear camera and a Motorized flip-up main camera module for selfies and video calling. The device is available in 6/8GB of RAM and 64/128/256GB of internal storage.
Related: How to Setup Insignia TV
Note: This is an updates tracker and will be updated regularly with the Asus ZenFone 6 smartphone updates.
Asus ZenFone 6 Update Tracker
- [August 9, 2021]: The ZenFone 6 is receiving a new software update that adds June 2021 security patch to the device. The new build is based on Android 11 and is unfurling in Japan on the firmware version 18.0610.2106.156. Apart from inculcating the new patch, the package adds the new “One-handed mode” to the smartphone.
- [March 22, 2021]: The Taiwan giant is seeding the fresh security patch by Google, March 2021 to ZenFone 6. The current update has started rolling out today that carries the firmware version 18.0610.2103.137 to the handset. This is a minor build and does not carry any other changes in features or system modifications. The only attribute it drives is the enhanced security and performance improvements with the device’s stability.
- [February 17, 2021]: Asus is sending a new update to the Zenfone 6 units in India. The update is based on Android 11 that is arriving via the firmware version v18.0610.2101.132. The fresh build addresses some issues and brings fixes for them. To see the list of issues resolved with this build, head to our dedicated article.
- [February 04, 2021]: A couple of days back, Asus has rolled out the Android 11 update to Japanese users. Now, the company started rolling out the same update to the ZenFone 6 Brazil users. Identified by the 18.0610.2101.132 Firmware version, brings the bug fixes for the users reported and encountered issues. It fixes the Sony Liv app crash,4G network issue in Telstra (Australia), the order of apps in all apps list changed after rebooting, and the problem that under Hebrew (right language), the color temperature setting value is opposite to the applied effect.
- [January 31, 2021]: The Taiwan giant – Asus has started seeding out a new update to the ZenFone 6 users on the 18.0610.2101.127 Firmware version. As per the changelog, the update comes with bug fixes and a few changes. Reportedly, the company has not added any new features to the device. The update brings fixes for the hotspot cannot be set to Chinese issue, the scheduled charging time would be changed after setting, and the Wifi connect issue for the Nintendo Switch.
- [January 23, 2021]: After the fruitful rollout of the Android 11 update, Asus has started rolling out a new update with January 2021 Security patch for the ZenFone 6 users. The update is spinning out on the 18.0610.2101.127 Firmware version and as of now, it is currently limited only to Japanese users. Apart from the January 2021 security patch and bug fixes, the company has not included any new features in this update. It brings fixes for a bug in the reserved charging function and a status bar display bug. The changelog of this update is as follows.
Google Security Patch Update (January 1, 2021)
Fixed a bug in the reserved charging function
Fixed a status bar display bug
- [January 13, 2020]: The Taiwan giant – Asus has started rolling out a new update to the ZenFone 6 users on the 18.0610.2101.127 Firmware version. As per the release note, the update brings the fixes for known issues and also adds a few changes to the system. Apart from these, the company has not added any new features to the device. As of now, this update is currently rolling out in India, Russian, and other selected countries.
- [January 06, 2021]: The Asus ZenFone 6 users have finally started experiencing the Android 11 update in Europe, Russia, India, and other markets. The update bears the 18.0610.2011.107 Firmware version and comes with a bunch of changelogs. According to the changelog, the update brings support for many apps, new UI, improvements, and much more. However, you will be undergoing all the changes while using your device. The changelog of this update is as follows.
Upgraded system to Android 11
Please back up your data before upgrading to Android 11. If you need to go back to Android 10, please refer to the official website that remembers it will erase all data from your device.
Some 3rd party apps are not compatible with Android 11.
Removed Private Listening, ZenUI Help, and one hand mode
Integrated PowerMaster features into Battery Settings. Removed Avast scanning engine.
Removed Smart group, Icon alignment, and Icon packs function in Launcher. Allowed to organize app icons across screens after tapping an empty area
Implement new ZenUI design and features
Improvement of the Quick Settings panel design, and support media control. Removed Multi-window tile and added Nearby Share tile (Need to add manually)
“Auto-download and install via Wi-Fi” is always on in the System when upgraded.
Support navigation gestures for the 3rd-party launcher.
- [December 22, 2020]: The Taiwan giant – Asus has started seeding out the November 2020 security patch update to the ZenFone 6 users. The update is rolling out on the 17.1810.2011.183 Firmware version, and as of now, it is currently limited only to Europe, Russia, Japan, and Indian users. Apart from the November 2020 Security patch, reportedly, the company has not added any new features to the device. For precise information, we have dropped the update changelog below.
Updated to November 2020 Android security patch
Enabled VoLTE on T-Mobile (US)
- [November 20, 2020]: The Asus ZenFone 6 devices have started experiencing a new update with the October 2020 Security patch. Apart from the October 2020 Security patch, the update doesn’t come with any new features or fixes, optimizations, etc. So, this update is only meant to increase the Security patch level of the smartphone. As of now, the update is only rolling out in Europe, Japan, India, etc.
- [August 13, 2020]: The August 2020 Security patch update has started hitting all the ZenFone 6 users on the 17.1810.2008.171 Firmware version. Apart from the August 2020 security patch, the update doesn’t feature any changes. You can check our dedicated article to find out more details about this update.
- [July 14, 2020]: Asus has started spinning out the July 2020 Security patch update for the ZenFone 6 devices. The update bears the 17.1810.2007.165 Firmware version and weighs nearly 78.65MB in size. As per the changelog, the update adds the latest Security patch, improvements, optimizations, etc. Click here to know more details about this update.
- [April 6, 2020]: The March 2020 Security patch update has started rolling out for the Asus ZenFone 6 users. The update is bumping on 17.1810.2003.144, and it comes with the latest Security patch, optimizations, new add-ons, etc. More details about this update can be found in our dedicated article.
The update is rolling out in a staged manner, which means a set of random users will start getting the update now. After the successful verification, everyone will be experiencing the update within a week. Meanwhile, you can navigate to Settings>Software updates and check for updates to check the update status manually.